Clover-Midorima Shintaro

*cough cough*

'What a great way to start a morning.' I thought to myself as I sat on my bed. Precisely, the hospital's bed. I was admitted here for 3 years now. You see, I have a strange disease where blood cloths start to form in my heart. It was pretty incurable due to the difficulty in operation. Doctors even invited the most well known doctor in the world but I refused his offer. The sum was big and my family couldn't afford it. My doctors are slowly losing hope but a year ago, there was this green-haired doctor who came and been my caretaker for awhile. He was an eccentric kind if you ask me and his accent was unique. A knock came and the door opened. Speak of the devil.

"Good morning (Last name)-san. Were you coughing again nanodayo?" He asked. I smiled sadly before nodding. He sighed and sat down next to me, taking my blood pressure and giving me a nice breakfast.

"Thank you for this Midorima-sensei. I hate to ask this but why did you choose to be my doctor sensei? I mean you could have any other patients."

"No reason really nanodayo. It's just..." He was interrupted when he was called by the receptionist. He excused himself and I nodded sadly. I wanted to know the reason though. I stood up slightly and walked towards my wheel chair. I pushed it outside and I was half way when Keita, who was an injured teenager, came and wheeled me towards the garden I love. I thanked him and asked how he was doing.

"How are you Keita?"
"I'm fine (Last name)-san. The day after tomorrow, I will be discharged."
"That's great news! You should continue playing your violin okay? You create a beautiful masterpiece."
"That's too much (Last name)-san but thank you very much. I'm worried about you though. Who will wheel you down now?"
"Keita. I can take care of myself." He smiled sadly and asked me a favor. It was to sing my favorite song. I laughed but did nonetheless.

itazura na hohoemi de muchuu ni sasetai no
massugu na kimi no me ni watashi wo utsushite ne
yasashii dake dewa nanika tarinai no
dare ni mo misenai kokoro no oku ni sotto furetai

yawarakana hizashi abite
yume wo kanaderu CLOVER
kaze ni negai wo nosete
aoi sora no mukou e
kibou no hikari sagasu no
zutto soba ni itai kara

Keita just sat behind me while I sang the song. What I didn't know what that a certain green-haired doctor was watching us with softened eyes.

yuubae ni somaru michi toomawari shinagara
mezameteku hoshi-tachi wo futari de kazoeru no

tsunaida sono te wo hanasanaide ite
mitsumeru yokogao tsuki no namima ni michiteku omoi

eien wo kanjita hi no
sukitooru kono kimochi wa
kimi ni todoiteru kana
gin no shizuku no ryuusei
irodoru natsu no yozora ni
tokimeki wo kakushite

I opened to see the sky and let the tears fall off my face as I remembered my best friend and her fiancé who died in an accident.

haruka kanata de zutto mae kara
unmei de musubareta yakusoku ga
hikari ni terasare michibikareru you ni
sora no hate tooku
toki wo koete ima tadoritsuku

Midorima bit his lips trying not to utter any sound. He was looking at you with saddened smile and people may say that he's a cold-hearted person by in reality, he cares.

yawarakana hizashi abite
yume wo kanaderu CLOVER
kaze ni negai wo nosete
aoi sora no mukou e
kibou no hikari sagasu no
zutto soba ni itai kara

eien wo kanjita hi no
sukitooru kono kimochi wa
kimi ni todoiteru kana
gin no shizuku no ryuusei
irodoru natsu no yozora ni
tokimeki wo kakushite

The song ended sadly and Keita had tears in his eyes. I laughed lightly before he thanked me. He turned me around and I caught Midorima watching us.

"Midorima-sensei!" I waved at him. Keita did the same. The same male just waved a little with a small smile. Keita was shocked to see him smile at me. It was the first time he'd seen him because usually, he would be emotionless or was seen frowning. Midorima insisted on taking me back to my room so I smiled apologetically to Keita.

Before we could go back to the room, Keita pulled Midorima-sensei away and whispered things to him.

"Midorima-sensei, please help (First name). You can cure her right? She had been very kind to me!"
"I know that nanodayo."
"Please."
"I will." He looked at the doctor and there was a slight smile on his face. Keita knew that he could trust him.

Midorima-sensei wheeled me back to my room. The usual routine was done. Getting my pressure, blood test, and I had my scanning test as well. Midorima-sensei scowled at the results but he didn't show it to me. Was my illness slowly killing me? I was back on my bed and Midorima-sensei was checking the dextrose. I held his arm lightly.

"Sensei? Is my illness...getting worse? It is right?" He looked away and I knew I was right. I just laughed bitterly. Maybe this is really it. He grabbed my shoulders and looked at me dead in the eye.

"You will recover. Are you ready to take the operations two days from now?"
"S-Sensei..." I nodded and he smiled. Much wider than it used to be. It made my heart beat fast and I knew that I fell for him. Sadly though because if I won't make it, I'll just bury it all away.

~After two days~

"Let's start the operation." Midorima announced.

The operation took a lot of time than it should have. (First name) was losing quite a lot of blood now but he knew that you're fighting.

~After hours~

*beep beep*

"The operation was a success nanodayo." Everybody thanked Midorima as they exited the room. When they left, the green haired doctor held your hand and cried happy tears.

"You're now healed (First name). You fought hard."

The next day, I woke up with a bit of dizziness but what surprised me was that there was no coughing. Am I okay now? The door opened and there stood Midorima-sensei.

"Sensei? A-Am I healed now?" He nodded with a smile. Tears flowed down my cheeks one by one until I was in a full blown crying. They were tears of joy! This was a miracle!

"T-Thank you sensei! *sob sob*" He laughed lightly at me before asking me if I want to go to the gardens. We did and there, I sang my hearts out. I can't stand yet because I will be needing a huge rehabilitation. I'm fine with that. When I opened my eyes, Midorima-sensei was there in front of me.

"Sensei?"
"(First name)...I-I...I've met you for a year now a-and I..." He was blushing and I felt my face blush as well.

"P-Please be my girlfriend." He finally said. I didn't answer quickly.

"So? N-Not that I'm rushing you o-or anything!" He added. I laughed lightly and pecked his forehead.

"Yes sensei."
"Shintaro."
"Huh?"
"Call me Shintaro." I was blushing now then he cupped my face and kissed me passionately. I melted to his kiss and he made it perfect.

"I love you."

=END=