Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Even though I ended up broken hearted, the party was the most exciting part of my whole weekend. My mum grounded me for breaking my phone. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't my fault, that I was pushed in and didn't have a chance to take my phone out of my pocket before it was damaged by the pool water. So I'm phoneless, grounded and now I have to go back to my boring, unpopular life at school.

I sluggishly walked to my locker. I could already tell that this was going to be a long week. My school day is basically a routine, nothing exciting ever happens. Ellie should be skipping up to my locker any minute with a huge smile on her face, trying to cheer me up even though I'm not in the mood. But this time, Ellie isn't alone. She walks up to my locker, hand in hand with some guy that I had never seen before. I raise in eyebrow at her as she approaches, and her face turns bright pink.

"So what happened to you friday?" She asked, trying to pretend like I didn't notice the fact she's holding hands with some random boy.

"Um my mum told me I had to be home by 1:00, I would have texted you that I left but you know my phone was kind of destroyed when I was pushed into the pool," I wasn't completely lying, but I wasn't going to be blabbing on about my boy problems, in front of this random guy I don't even know.

"Oh," She says. No one says anything for a while, and the conversation becomes really awkward. I silently continue putting my books in my locker, waiting for someone else to say something.

"Well I gotta get to class," the mystery boy finally says, before planting a small kiss on Ellie's cheek and walking away in the other direction. My eyes widen at the action, and my lips curve into a smirk once he walks away.

"Is there something you're not telling me," I say as I close my locker, and we start to walk towards class.

"Well you know my neighbor Chad?" She says with a high-pitched voice and I nod in reply, "Well after you left, we sort of hit it off I guess, and now he's my boyfriend." She gives me a shy smile, as if she were scared to see my reply.

"Aww Ellie, I'm so happy for you!" I exclaim as I give her a quick hug before taking my seat in class. Who would of ever thought that with less than of month left of school, Ellie would get to have her first relationship. And then there's me. Still single. I want to convince myself that there is still hope, but whenever I get my hopes up I always end up being let down.

"Thanks Val, I really like him," She smiles. I'm glad she didn't bring up anything about Calum or the fact that I'm still single. I focus my attention to a piece of a paper that is placed on every desk in the classroom. It's a reminder that senior prom is November 10th, the day before my birthday.

"I can't believe prom is less than month a way," Ellie chirps, "We should go dress shopping tomorrow,"

"Why so soon? We have a month." I was never that interested in fashion. I always wanted to have my own nice, individual style, but I was never able too. To be honest, what I wore to the party on friday was probably the dressiest thing I ever wore. I feel that whenever I buy nice new clothes, they always get ruined as soon as I wear them. Who knew that leather gets ruined when it gets wet. I surely didn't. After that I went right back to my casual attire, of converse, jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Becos' Valerie, you know you take forever to find something that you like, and I am not letting you procrastinate." She replies

"Wait I'm grounded..." I thankfully remember,

"Damn it," She cusses, "let's go Friday after school then,"

"Fine..." I groan finally giving in.