Chapter 33

Chapter 33

**Calum's POV**

"Hey, you coming?" Luke asks when I open the door and reveal him leaned against the frame.

"In what parallel universe do you think I would want to go to a party at the guy I despise's frat house just to see him canoodle with the girl I'm in love with?" I scoff, walking further into my room, jumping on to the bed and burying my head into the pillows.

"Canoodle?" He chuckles, taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Yes, canoodle," My muffled voice travels from underneath the pillows, "It means to kiss, you moron,"

"Jesus christ Cal, I was joking." His laughs cease instantly, him clearly taken aback by my harsh tone.

"I'm sorry man, I'm just upset." I apologize sarcastically, but I don't think Luke caught on to that. I remove the pillows from above my head and sit up. 

He takes a deep breath, resting his hand on my shoulder, "Don'y worry, Valerie will see the light eventually."

"I hope so," I sigh, "Ashton said he had some big plan thought out, and that if it worked both her and I would win in the end."

"Well then I'm sure everything will be fine," He says warily, an uncomfortable chuckle escaping his mouth, "Anyway, I promised Hannah I'd go pick her up at her dorm so see ya later."

"Bye Lukey," I pout and he laughs, before shutting the door behind him.

My face finds it's way back into my pillow. I should try to fall asleep, but I can't. Just knowing that Valerie and Adam are together right now, probably doing something I really don't want to think about is driving me crazy. The amount of time I stare blankly at the fabric of my white silk pillows seems like eternity. It feels like I've been staring for so long I don't even remember my own name or where the hell I am.

The vibration in my back pocket shocks me out of my temporary state of amnesia. I sit up, sliding the phone out of my pocket, a message from Valerie appearing across the screen.

 Forget about the raincheck. Come pick me up?

I don't even give myself a second to think. I jump out of the bed, tripping over my feet as I slip on my old nikes grab my jacket and rushing out the door. "YEESSSSSS," I scream, as I run down the dorm hallway. I feel like I sound like one of those kids who who yells yes when they get an answer while they're grading their own math homework.

"Calum, you okay?" That girl, Emily, that I saw with Ashton last week, asks as I rush past her.

"YEAH I'M GREAT," I still don't know who she is, but I yell back to her anyway, before running out the exit and to my car.

Once I get inside, I put on my seat belt first. Wouldn't wanna get into a car accident and slip into a coma on the way there. I slam my key into the ignition and zooming off.

When I arrive, I notice the door is wide open and the place is packed, people practically pouring out of the open windows. I make my way inside, and look around for Valerie, but I don't see her. I spot a familiar multicolor dyed hair boy on the opposite end of the room, his girlfriend's face still attached to his. 

"Mike!" I call to him, but he doesn't look up, "Have you seen Valerie?"

He doesn't answer. He stays lip locked with his girlfriend, motioning for me to get away with his hand. Do they ever even come up for air?

I walk into another room, which is even more packed than the last one. I spot a ton of kids from VCA, nodding my head at a couple of them as I stroll past. I should have just waited in the car and texted Valerie that I was outside, but I really did want to see her dump Adam. His reaction would be priceless, I wouldn't want to miss that.