Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The summer vacation flew by so quickly. It feels like it lasted 2 days rather then 2 months. This was probably my favourite summer break yet. Because it was no one but myself. Elliana went away with Chad's family to Queensland for the whole entire summer. I tried to see if Ashton was free but he went away with his family to New Zealand for the whole entire summer. My mother barely paid any attention to me, so the whole summer it was basically me, myself, and I. Except for when I went to work in a music store downtown to make extra money for college, I basically did nothing and it was awesome.

I'm not going to deny that there were times I thought about texting Calum. Somedays I would constantly check my phone hoping a message from Calum would pop up on the screen saying he's sorry. But he never texted me. Anyway, I gave up on that, much earlier into the summer. I think that still thinking about him, and hoping that he would apologize for what he did was just phase 1 of getting over him. To be honest his name hadn't even crossed my mind for majority of the summer, except for now of course. Anyway I don't care, I'm over him so I don't need to waste my time thinking about him.

I had just finished packing the last of my stuff together and now I have to bring it to the car. I can't believe I am already leaving for college today. The independence will be a good thing for me, and Ashton will be there so at least I'll know one person.

My mum finally decided to pay one ounce of attention to me today and she offered to drive me to the airport to drop me off. I obliged, but the car ride was extremely awkward considering the fact we basically haven't talked in two months.

My mum insisted on me taking a plane there, because it would only take one and a half hours, while if she drives me it will take 8 hours and she doesn't want to go through that kind of trouble. We say our goodbyes at the air port and I board the plane so eager to finally be free. I'm honestly really excited for college only because I don't have to see any of those kids from my high school ever again. I'll be going to school with people who share the same interests as me and hopefully won't make fun of me.

Once I get to the airport in melbourne, I take a cab from there to the Campus, which happens to be much bigger from the part I just saw at the audition. I make my way to a little check in booth, where they give me everything I need, like my class schedule, school map, and room key. They inform me that I am in room A33, so I use my map to find it and drag all my stuff there. I put the key in and open the door to my new dorm. Its much bigger than I though but still cozy. I make my way into the room and drop all the stuff down on my bed. I do a 360 turn to get a full view of the room, when I notice a girl sitting on a desk chair in the corner.

"Oh I didn't see you there," I say as I approach her with a hand held out, "I'm Valerie," She doesn't say anything, she just looks down at my hand with a blank expression and then turns back to her lap top, "So we must be dorm mates," I add as I wait for her to say something. But still nothing, "What's your name?"

"Susan," Is all she says, her voice a lot deeper than I expected

"That's a nice name..." I reply awkwardly, "So where are you from? I'm from Sydney. I just flew out here this morning, it-"

"Listen I don't want to hear your life story, because it's boring and I truly don't care. You're really annoying and I don't like you so can you please just stop talking to me." She cuts me off. Well that was rude. And she is calling me boring. She is the one wearing a grey pant suit, with gray toms. Basically everything that she owns in this room is grey. I guess trying to be more friendly to people isn't really working out. 

I quickly un pack my things and take a look at my schedule. The first class I have today is Intro to Guitar at 3:00. I check my phone to see that its already 2:45. I quickly grab my bag and guitar case and head out the door. I do not want to be late on the first day. I figure I need to go out and get some stuff to decorate my room later. That way at least half the room won't be only gray.