Epilogue

Epilogue

 Author's Note: If you do not like or agree with any of the ideas that I write about please do not write any negative comments pertaining to it because not only are you offending my writing but you may also be offending people who do like and agree with the ideas I write about.

 **Valerie's POV**

Two weeks. It’s been two weeks since I last saw Calum. Since he kissed me. I had expected him to ignore me. Maybe for a day or two, not fourteen. Well, fourteen and counting. I see him in class every Tuesday and Thursday, but he always comes in late, takes a seat right by the door, and then bolts out of the room as soon as we are dismissed. I tried stopping by his dorm once or twice. I didn’t want to seem desperate, but every time I knocked there was no answer.

 I sit on the bed with my ear buds shoved in my ears, the new Ed Sheeran album playing on a loop, the volume on full blast. Susan’s complaints about being able to hear the music all the way from her side of the room were a faint sound that I pushed away and instead welcomed the soothing vocals during Shirtsleeves. I was in one of those moods where I felt like listening to all of the songs that feed my emotions on repeat. My eyes fluttered shut, letting the music bring me to a place where all my problems are nonexistent. 

 After drifting off for what only felt like a couple minutes, my eyes shoot open, abruptly absorbing the unwanted surroundings of my dorm room with Susan a few inches away from my face, my headphones yanked out of my ears and gripped by her pale fingers.

“I have to go to class.” Her voice bubbles with anger. “Where did you put my key after you borrowed it?”

My mind wasn’t really able to comprehend what she was saying, due to its slow ability to return to reality. However the knock against the door seemed to be able to rush the process. I ignore her question and push past her, my feet leading me to the door, anxious by the fact that Calum could possibly be on the opposite side of that door. Finally is a better word. Calum could finally be on the opposite side of that door.

My hand finds the knob, gripping tightly. I inhale deeply, about to open it casually, but my hand withdraws. I open the camera on my phone, just to double check that I look presentable. Feeling the slightest bit more confident I shove my phone in my pocket, yanking the door open without hesitation.

Calum isn’t even standing on the opposite side of the door so I frown. But, the frown soon fades and then replaced by a small content grin when I see Ashton standing there instead. I haven’t seen him for even longer than I haven’t seen Calum. It’s been three weeks since I saw Ashton. Since he kissed me. I had expected him to ignore me as well. My head spins from the deja vu as I open the door wider, welcoming him inside.

“Give me my key.” Susan approaches me with the palm of her hand held out. “My boyfriend’s taking me out for Valentine’s Day so I probably won’t be back until later tonight.”

Rolling my eyes, I go over to my desk, pulling her key out of the drawer and toss it to her. I had almost forgotten it was Valentine’s Day. I know she’s just saying that because she knows no one will be taking me out tonight, so now she has an opportunity to boast. She’s noticed that Adam hasn’t been coming by our room anymore and she’s definitely noticed that I’ve been spending every night alone, in the dorm, listening to sad songs and watching practically every Hepburn movie an inhumane amount of times. I think she’s picked up on the fact that we broke up. The only thing she hasn’t picked up on is that Calum is the stem of my misery, not Adam.

“Tell your boyfriend I wish him the best of luck,” Ashton pulls a genuine smile, “I hope he can make it the whole night.”

Susan wears a blank stare, her lips parting slightly, “What?”