Chapter 21

Chapter 21

**Calum's POV**

"You're right," I blurt out as soon as Luke opens the door to his dorm the next morning,

"About what?" He asks, trying to wipe away the tiredness in his eyes.

"About Valerie. I think I like her," The words sound weird coming out of my mouth, but I know what I'm saying is true,

"Then what are you doing here?" Luke's mood completely changing, "Go talk to her,"

"Talk to her? I can't do that. Not yet at least."

"If you don't talk to her now, you're going to miss you're chance," Luke gives me a quick shove down the hall, "Now go talk to her," Is the last thing he says before closing the door,

Talk to Valerie? How am I going to do this? I decide to take the long way to her dorm, so I will have plenty of time to rehearse what I am going to say. When we were talking just earlier this week, she said she no longer had feelings for me. But if I tell her how I feel about her, maybe those feelings she had for me will be re-sparked. This is so weird. Since the day I met her, never in a million years did I think I would be in love with that girl. The girl in my year 1 class, who would sit in the corner and read while everyone else would be running loudly around the playground. The girl in my year 5 class that would never raise her hand because she didn't want to speak in front of the class. The girl in my year 8 class who never wanted to talk to anyone because she was too afraid of being made fun. The girl in my year 10 class who would hide her face in the hall ways just to go about unnoticed. And the girl from year 12. The one who I was a jerk to, and it turns out she liked me the whole entire time. Never did I think I would be in love with that girl, but it turns out, I am. Love works in weird ways I guess.

Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to tell her. Of course I had to go fuck everything up when I said that I don't like her in front of the whole school. That was only two months ago. I didn't like her then and I didn't think I ever would. But I was wrong.

There is that slight chance that her feelings for me won't return, but I mean what are the odds of that. She had feelings for me once already, that doesn't mean she can't have them again. When I asked her if she liked me I hadn't expected her to nod. I mean I never thought of girls really liking me. Danielle really only liked me for my popularity, but I definitely wasn't the best looking guy in the school. She definitely could have done way better than liking me.

So I guess she mostly fell in love with me cause my personality. And that's exactly why she doesn't like me anymore. Cause I was a jerk to her. But if I prove to her that I can be better for her. That I won't make fun of, or take advantage of her anymore, then maybe her feelings will return. However it will take a while to prove it to her, cause if she's sees I can keep from being a jerk to her for a while she'll see that I have really changed.

There is just one problem. I can't wait that long. I need that girl now. I don't where this sudden longing to make Valerie mine has come from, but it feels so right. I probably have felt this way for a while and never realized it till now. As soon as she nodded her head I immediately felt like telling her I liked her too. Which I did kind of like her, because she is beautiful, both her personality and appearance. But Valerie and I would not have worked out in high school. I had a reputation that I needed to maintain, and me and her were from different crowds. We just couldn't be a couple, our crowds don't mix.

But this is college now. Everything is different. Popularity really isn't a thing in college, everyone is past it by now. I could do whatever I please and date whoever I want.

But the only one I want is Valerie.

I take a deep breath as I walk up the stairs and head towards Valerie's dorm. I feel goosebumps crawl up my arms as I get closer to room A33. I don't think I have ever been this nervous before. I'm usually a calm, laid back guy, but right now a sense of anxiety is beginning to take over me.

I keep my eye on the door as I soon see Val's roommate walk out of it.

"Hi, Susan right?" I greet her as I approach the door, "Is Valerie in there?"

She rolls her eyes at my question, "Ya,"

"May I go inside?" I ask, trying to sound polite.

"Whatever," she snorts as she walks down the hall, leaving the door open slightly.

Well, this is it.

"Valerie?" My voice echoes through the room, as I open the door and walk inside. My eyes meet Valerie's. A warm smile spreads across her face, as she sits up on her bed. My gaze then travels to a boy that is sitting in her desk chair. Confusion fills my eyes, as he looks at me with the same puzzled expression.

"Calum, hi, what are you doing here?" She asks,

"Who is this?" I motion towards the boy in the chair.

"Oh uh this..." She mumbles slightly, her gaze falling to the floor, "this is my boyfriend."

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

I'm so sorry that this update took forever. I started school again so it is really hard to find time to update. I won't be able to update everyday like I used to, but I will try to update as much as possible.

Also my friend that reads this story wanted to make a trailer, which she let me upload to my youtube channel, so the video should be on the side