Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I don't exactly know if I should be as intimidated as I am from Danielle's threat. I mean I could have just told her I didn't care. I could of just said go right ahead and tell him I don't care. But that's the thing. I do care. I don't want her to tell him that I like him. If he ever finds out it should be from me, and that will only ever happen if I find out that he likes me first. Instead I just promised that I wouldn't tell and continued down the hall before she could hold anything else against me.

I spent the rest of the day and the whole night thinking about Calum. And the hug. Our first hug. Probably the best 5 seconds of my life. Just the warmth and comfort of being in his arms even if it was for less than a minute, is all I could ever ask for. But what I wonder is if it meant anything to him. If having his arm around me is something he longs for. I have my doubts, but when ever I am around Calum I hold my breath, my heart beats erratically, and the hairs on my arm stands on end. This is my life inside Calum's orbit, and it is the highlight of ever day of my otherwise meaningless existence.

Now it's about an hour before prom starts and it's honestly the last place I want to go. I don't even have a dress. Well this is what I get for procrastinating. I'll probably just end up wearing this sky blue bridesmaids dress, I wore for my aunt's wedding 2 years ago. I really am not in the mood to go over board on the glamour aspect tonight. I am not excited to just be sitting there alone, while I watch all the other couples take cute pictures together, and dance, and blah blah blah. I am just not looking forward to it. I am especially dreading to see Danielle and Calum together. She does not deserve to be with a guy like him. She's a two-timing slut, with possibly the most annoying voice in the whole entire world. I honestly don't know how Calum and her so called "friends" put up with her. If I were one of her friends I wouldn't even bother, she's not worth my time.

I finally decide to trudge myself off my living room couch and up to my room to get ready. Elliana told me that a limo is coming to pick us up at 7:00 sharp to take us to the venue. She is really going all out for this, and I think it's pointless. Everytime I see her, she goes on and on about how perfect tonight is going to be. Then again, if I actually had a date, I'd probably be acting the same way she is.  

After I put on my dress, curl my hair, and put on a decent amount of make up like I usually do, I just go outside and sit on my front porch until it's time to be picked up. I am honestly not in the mood to be picked on for what I'm wearing or how I look. I have been teased so much throughout my school days that I finally just stopped caring. But tonight I am definitely not in the mood for it. 

I look at my phone to see that it's already 5 past 7. Elli is probably taking pictures with Chad and the rest of her family. My mum didn't even bother to notice how dressed up I was. She could of said, 'Aww you look beautiful darling' but she didn't. All she did when I came down the stairs was glance at me head to toe and continued on straight past me. She could of at least taken a picture, considering that I only have one senior prom. But, I honestly don't want to look back at all of the pictures of me standing alone, and remember how lonely this night was for me.

Finally when I see a long white stretch limo pull up in front of my house, I instinctively roll my eyes before pulling myself up off the porch and making my way to the large vehicle. Elliana smiles widely at me when I climb into the limo. I can tell she obviously got her teeth bleached, and her hair done professionally. And her skin is physically sparkling. I'm not kidding you, she's actually glowing. I spent 10 minutes getting ready, while it looks like she spent 10 hours. I just smile back, and awkwardly tap my foot to fill the awkward silence that is present during the ride to the venue.

When we arrive, there is a long blue carpet leading to the fancy french doors at the front of the building. There is a sign on the wall next to the doors that has 'Night Under the Stars' written across it in a fancy cursive font, with stars the look like they were drawn by a 5 year old surrounding it. I roll my eyes at the lack of creativity. 'Night Under the Stars' is such a stereo typical prom theme, they could have been a little more original.