Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Let's go Valerie," Elliana whined as she pulled me down the street to another boutique. We had been shopping for prom dresses since the minute we had gotten out of school and as expected I couldn't find one. 

"El, we've been shopping for 3 hours," I complained as I tried to stop her from pulling me any further.

"We're not stopping till you find a dress," She said as she pulled me into the overly-decorated shop. I glanced around the store, a sense of dey ja vu taking over me. It was all the same glittery, sequined pageant girl dresses that I had seen in every store so far.

"There is nothing here," I tell to Ellie, as I try to pull her out of the store. She shakes her arm from my grasp, and I could tell she had her mind set. No matter how many stores it took she wasn't going to let me stop until I found a dress. 

"There are a bunch more dresses in the back, just give this store a chance," She says as she gives me a slight push to the back of the store.

I stopped right in my tracks when I laid my eyes on possibly the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. (Picture on the side!) I walked up to it, running my finger against the skirt. From the second I saw this dress, I knew it was the one. I grabbed it off the wrack and held it in front of me as I looked in the mirror.

"El," I called her over. Once she saw it her jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"Val, it's perfect for you, it's just your style!" She says as she eyed me head to toe.

"I know," I exclaim. I never thought I would be able to find a dress, but I actually did. This is a big achievement for me. Our attention is drawn to the door at the front of the store when we here a bell ring. The lump in my throat returns when Danielle's cold blue eyes meet mine. Her eyes move from mine to the dress in my hands, and a huge smirk spreads across her face. 

"Danielle!" the store clerk coo's as she wraps her into a hug, "What are you looking for today?"

"Oh I'm just looking for a prom dress," She replies casually as she glances at me one more time before walking around the store. I ignore her, and reach in the pocket of my jeans to pull out my wallet, but it isn't there. 

"I must have left my wallet in the car," I inform Ellie. I guess I hadn't expected to find something. I place the dress back on the rack, "I'll be right back," 

I run outside quickly and open the car door. I want to get out of that store as quickly as possible. Just being in the same room as Danielle makes me nervous, ever since she threatened me. As I search through the glove compartment for my wallet, thoughts of dancing with Calum at the prom, while wearing that dress fill my head. I imagine him gently holding my hand as he twirls me around the dance floor, making my heart flutter. Then I remind myself not to get my hopes up. I pull my wallet out and quickly run back in to find Ellie looking at a dress in the front of the store. She turns to me and I hold my wallet up letting her know that I found it.

"Yep this is definitely the one," I hear Danielle speak from the back of the store.

"Okay I'll ring you up," The clerk replies. My eyes widen as I see Danielle walk to the front of the store holding my dress. I knew she was only buying it so I couldn't have it. Of course this had to happen to me. I finally found a dress and Danielle has to take it. Danielle hands the clerk a credit card and after swiping it the clerk hands it back to her along with the dress. Danielle flashes me a cheeky grin before walking out of the store.

"Hey you can't just give her that dress. You knew we were looking at it." Ellie says to the clerk, anger and annoyance present in her voice.

"Well your friend over here put it back on the rack, so actually I can," The lady replies, "Plus she's my niece, I have to give her whatever she wants,"