Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The next morning I woke up bright in early to make sure I was ready for my first class. Each dorm room has it's own bathroom, which I was so thankful for because I absolutely hate public showers. I tip toe into the bathroom, careful not to wake up Susan, cause I really do not need another reason for her to hate me. I don't know if she has anger issues, but she like really hates me, and is always getting extremely pissed off at me. I have no idea why. And did I mention she snores, really loudly. It was almost impossible for me to fall asleep.

After showering and quickly towel-drying my hair, I move to my dresser to decide what to wear. My whole idea of changing my style because no one knows how I used to dress hopefully will work out. I mean the only one who really has an idea of how I used to dress is Calum, but I doubt he paid any attention to what I wore. I decide to go with a Rose Corset Tunic Dress. Wearing a dress to school was something I had never even thought of, but this dress does fit me really well. I settle for white studded sandals, because I do not want to walk around all day in heels. I go really easy on my make up, and since my hair is still very damp, I decide to deal with it later. What I need now is coffee. Being in college comes with late nights and coffee is high in demand. They have a little coffee shop right on campus which is very convenient. I quickly slip out the door without making a sound, and make my way down to the shop. On the way there I get several stares from guys passing by me which makes me feel really uncomfortable. I never got stared at in my old clothes, so I am regretting putting this dress on. I am so relieved when I get into the coffee shop, and see that only a few people are inside. I quickly pay the cashier for my coffee and tap on the counter as I wait for my order to be ready. 

"I didn't expect to see you here," A voice startles me.

I turn beside me to see Ashton, "My god Ashton, you just gave me a heart attack," I reply, holding my hand over my chest.

"Forgetting something?" He hints, shifting his weight to his other foot. I give him a puzzled look, clearly not getting his hint. And then it hits me. Shit, I was supposed to meet him for dinner last night.

"I'm such a suckish friend," I admit as an employee hands each of us a coffee cup.

"No you're not. But you could at least sit with me now to make up for it," He says as he pulls out a chair at a table meant for two. I sit down and take a long sip from my coffee, letting the warm liquid run down my throat to wake me up, "So who's the lucky guy you stood me up for?"

"What?" I question, acting like I had no idea what he was talking about.

"C'mon Valerie who's the lucky guy?" He asks again. If he's going to keep pushing, I might as well tell him.

"I wouldn't say he's lucky, we were fighting most of the time," I tell him as I place my coffee cup down on the table

"Who were you fighting with?" Confusion and worry clear in his voice.

"Calum," I state like it's obvious, "But it's okay we're friends now. I honestly wasn't planning on talking to him. He just showed up at my dorm telling me he wanted to know why I was mad at him. I mean we fought a good portion of the time, but now we're friends."

"Well that's good," Ashton comments as he downs the remainder of his coffee, "So I noticed someone's dressed very fancily today,"

"I know, I'm starting to regret it," I admit as I get up to throw out my cup

He eyes me head to toe as I approach the table, "No, I think you look hot,"

"Shut up," I laugh as I swat his shoulder and take my seat at the table again,