Chapter 32

Chapter 32

**Calum's POV**

"I think it's a great idea," Ashton wears a proud smile, as he looks around the room for replies. And to be honest no one was paying attention to him accept for me and Valerie. Luke was too busy being all gross and lovey-dovey with Hannah. Mike is too busy having his girlfriend's tongue shoved down his throat. And well me and Valerie, we were just sitting there and before we could get away Ashton directed his never ending monologue at us and it was too late to escape.

"I don't. What if no one shows up?" Valerie suggests, looking to Ashton like she actually cares about what he's talking about. I on the other hand, was zoned out and only caught the last line of his lengthy speech.

"I'll just hope for the best," He shrugs, shoving his hands into the pockets of his black skinny jeans, "I just really, really wanna have a party before the semester ends."

So he wants to have a party. What an idiot, "I agree with her, it's a bad idea," I bud in, nodding my head in her direction. "Plus, if you have Valerie there something bad will probably happen. She's like a bad luck magnet when it comes to parties."

She sends me an insulted glance, swatting my shoulder, before her face fades into her angelic smile and the sound of her coquettish laugh echoes through the room. It's the small things like these about her that get my heart racing and my palms all sweaty and the only way to maintain myself would be to jump out the window, "He's right." She turns to Ashton, "Bad things tend to happen when I'm around."

"It wouldn't be a party if bad things didn't happen." He points out, brushing one of his dirty blonde curls out of his face, "Hey do you think you can convince Adam to throw it at his frat house. If I throw it no one will probably show up, except you guys-"

"We wouldn't even show up," I cut him off, earning a laugh from Valerie and squinted eyes from Ashton.

"Anyway, If Adam had it, people would actually show up. And even though I wouldn't get to throw a party, at least I'd get to go to one before the semester ends."

Valerie and I both wear the same grimace at the end of his lecture. For her, it's probably because the idea of a party at Adam's frat house makes her feel uncomfortable. For me, it's the sound of Adam's name. I still hate that ass hole and don't understand why he is still in the picture.

"I don't know," She drags out her words, "Adam really isn't fond of..."

"Us?" I finish her sentence, looking to Ashton and then back to Valerie, who nods discretely. I can see why Adam hates me, he sees me as a threat, which gives me satisfaction. But, everyone else? They've never talked to him, let alone did something worth being hated for. If he hates a bunch of good people for no reason, Valerie needs to get her head out of the clouds and realize what a terrible person her boyfriend really is.

"Who cares?" Ashton waves the thought off with his hand, "He won't even notice we're there. Can you please just ask?"

"I'll call him," She nods, slipping her phone out of her pocket and stepping outside the room.

"Are you an idiot?" I snarl at Ashton, once she has left the room, "Adam hates us. Why the hell do you think he would have a party and let us come."

"Adam hates you," He corrects me, sliding down to where Valerie was sitting on the couch, "Plus you don't have to come if you don't want to see them there together."

"I thought you said she wasn't really crazy about Adam anymore," I keep my voice down, trying to prevent the others from hearing me, even though I know they aren't listening.