Chapter 31

Chapter 31

**Valerie's POV**

"How's Calum been?" My head is rested in Ashton's lap as he flips through some old copy of Rolling Stones that ever since he got his hands on it he refuses to put it down.

"Every time you see me you ask me the same question. And every time I give you the same answer. I think you know how Calum's been," He replies to focused on his prized possession to pay the slightest but of attention to me.

"I know," I groan, frustratingly running my hands through my hair, "It's just I haven't talked to him in two weeks. I miss him,"

"Hey, I haven't talked to him in two weeks either," He takes a strand of my hair and gently twirls it around his freakishly long finger, "I miss him too," I close my eyes and inch closer to him, burying my head in his shirt. The situation I'm in makes me want to scream. I miss Calum, but I'm not giving in and apologizing. He was the one who was out of line. I refuse to apologize first, I'm always the one to apologize to him. I thought he would have gave in by now, but it's been two weeks and we've shared nothing but a couple of awkward glances. At this point I just want him back in my life, "But I did text him, asking him what he was doing today,"

"Did he answer?" I ask, even though I know the answer. Calum is obviously to busy shutting out all the people that care about him to actually find the time to send something as simple as a text to Ashton.

"Actually, he did," His tone is hushed, as if he doesn't believe his own words.

"Let me guess, he's out with Sadie again?" The annoyance in my voice very prominent. I look up at Ashton, who is currently trying to figure out how to braid my hair. He just nods, focusing his attention back to the huge knot he has made. I plant my hands over my face, hoping to make the pounding in my head disappear. That stupid bitch. I hate Sadie.

"Yeah, he said they were going out to the movies or something," Ashton mutters under his breath. He's obviously not as interested in the 'Let's guess where Calum is' game as I am.

"He hangs out with that slut everyday," I groan, rolling my eyes.

"You don't even know her. She could be really nice," Ashton mumbles, tugging at my hair.

"Oww," I cringe from the pain, attempting to pull my hair out of his grasp, "Ashton, you're hurting me."

"Sorry," He shrugs, before continuing to make a mess out of my hair. He's right Sadie could be really nice, but I can't help hating her, she practically stole Calum from us. Ever since two weeks ago Calum has been hanging out with her everyday and ignoring the rest of us. If he found someone that makes him happy that's great, but he didn't have to leave us stranded. I close my eyes and attempt to drift off to sleep, when I feel a vibration in Ashton's pocket.

"I really hope that's your phone," I giggle, sitting up and hopping off the bed.

He smirks at me, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone, "Hey Val, I gotta go, my roommate forgot his key. Do you wanna come along? We can grab something to eat on campus after."

"Nah I'm to lazy," I reply, plopping myself on the bed and letting my eyes drift shut, "Let's stay here and nap,"

"All we've done all weekend is nap and watch netflix and eat take out. Don't you want to go out and do something?"

"Not really," I mumble, shutting my eyes tighter.

"I get it. It's not the same without Calum," I hear his footsteps move closer.

"Why would I care if Calum came or not?" I make sure to make the annoyance in my tone very clear to him. Calum isn't here, therefore I don't want to talk about him. It is only going to make me more depressed.