Your Dess

A reader-insert of you receiving the Dess that you adopted. Characters that you donated/would like to donate a Dess to will be in the next chapter.

***
Congratulations on adopting a Dess! Your contribution will be most welcome. Thank you for helping us save this amazy creature.

You're on the couch, immersed in watching one of your favorite shows. Your phone sits nearby, messages from your friends popping up. Quickly, you answer them, not taking your eyes from the TV screen.

Suddenly, you hear a knock on your door. You stand up, opening it to see that there's no one there. Shrugging to yourself, you move to close it, but a small noise stops you.

Looking down, you see a small Wild Dess sitting in a pale green basket. She meets your gaze and moves back slightly, hissing.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you." You know that Desses can understand humans, but she still remains in her defensive stance.

An idea pops into your head and you run to the kitchen, grabbing a candy cane. Unwrapping it, you walk back to the door, learning down and handing it to the Dess.

The Dess sniffs it before taking the top off with one bite. She jumps out of the basket, running into the house.

Looking into the basket, you see a book with an image of a mature Dess on it. "Taking Care of Your Dess" you read to yourself, opening it up.

First and most importantly, the Dess is a breed of fangirl. She will need at least 3 hours of fangirl material per day. Desses will fangirl over Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Supernatural, and Harry Potter.

You walk over to the TV, flipping the channel to Supernatural. Upon hearing Castiel's voice, the Dess rushes in, jumping on top of the couch. She starts making high-pitched squeaks that you know will eventually develop into full fangirl screams.

Smiling, you pick up the book again.

The Dess will eat a lot of things, but her favorite foods are pasta, mac and cheese, candy canes, raspberries, waffles with Nutella, cheese, and dry ramen noodles.

You walk to the pantry, picking up a pack of ramen noodles. Unwrapping it, you have the block of noodles to the Dess. She squeaks happily, biting into it and continuing to watch her show.

***

A few hours later, you go to check on the Dess and see that she isn't in the living room- and that all the couch pillows are gone. Walking around, you notice that the door to you room is wide open.

Stepping inside, you see that all the pillows but one are off your bed, piled in the corner with the couch pillows. The Dess sits in the middle, pulling one of your blankets over it.

Sighing, you once again open the book.

The wild Dess often sleeps alone in a soft, warm nest. Desses will instinctively make fairly large nests out of pillows, blankets, and occasionally towels. The Dess feels most secure when covered up and snuggling up to something.

You grab a stuffed cat off your bed that you only really used for decoration. You hand it to the Dess, and she squeaks again, diving back into her nest.

***

By the end of the day, your candy cane supply was significantly smaller, your TV now had several seasons of Supernatural recorded, and you now owned all of the LotR, TH, and Harry Potter books and movies. Your room was a bit of a mess due to the Dess's nest-building, and you now only had one pillow to sleep on.

But hey, you had a Dess. And that was what mattered.