~L~

"You sure about this?" Zayn asks softly buttoning up Liam's jacket. "Yeah, I feel like something bad might come out of it but I just want to get this over with"

Zayn leans in to kiss him, "It'll be alright" he says caressing his cheek. Liam smiles wrapping his arm around his waist, "I needed that" Zayn grins snuggling into his embrace.

Michael stares at them weirdly walking over, "What wrong?" He asks hugging Liam's leg. "Nothing buddy, we gotta go somewhere today"

"Zee too?" "No Zayn has to stay here, just you and me alright?" Michael nods pouting. Zayn get down on his knee, "Hey, when you get back we'll make cookies" he says making Michael clap excitingly.

Michael grabs Liam's hand rushing to the door, "Daddy let's go" Michael whines opening the front door. Zayn chuckles standing on the porch, "Good luck" Zayn says loudly for Liam who gives him a thumbs up. He was gonna need it

~~~~~

Liam drove slowly glancing back at Michael who was humming to himself fiddling with his shoes. He knows deep down this isn't gonna end well, he knows Michael isn't gonna be jumping for joy when he sees Sophia.

Far from it, ever since last year when he was bullied for not having a mother he didn't want to hear about her anymore

He just didn't care, all he cared about was his dad who was there for him. Liam rubs his temples as he parks near near the playground nearby

"Daddy why here?" Michael says to him still leaving out some words. Liam looked at him in the mirror. "Someone wants to meet you buddy"

Michael looks at him weirdly before messing with his sneakers once again. He likes that he was starting to talk more often, god his heart still jumps whenever he calls him dad.

"I'll be right back" he says getting out the car to stand on the sidewalk. She said she would be here, she's nowhere in sight.

He groans leaning on the car looking down at his phone before he heard heels clicking on the pavement. "Hi Liam" Sophia says smiling, it made his stomach churn.

She even brought her husband, great. Allen nods to Liam but he ignores him. "You wanted to see him" Liam says motioning to the car. Sophia nods smiling softly.

Liam gives her a warning look before stepping back to the backseat car door tapping it. He opened the door letting Michael climb out looking around.

Sophia saw the little black sneakers making her heart race, they were so small and cute.

Liam places his hands on Michael's beanie pushing him away so he could close the car door, he moved him infront so Sophia could get a good look.

She covered her mouth looking down at the five year old, he looked just like Liam but with her eyes.

He had long curly brown hair that was covered by his little beanie on his head.

Michael stared up at her fiddling with his 1975 band tee he had gotten from the concert months ago.

It was a birthday present for him, Zayn had gotten three tickets for all three of them and Michael practically cried hugging him for almost an hour.

The concert was fun, he even got noticed by Matt a few times when Liam had him on his shoulders. Michael smiled, simply waving at the singer who grinned waving back to him.

He even sang to him a couple times, since he was close to the stage Matt gave him multiple high fives or fist bumps, Zayn had recorded everything

After that he actually invited them all back stage because he found it adorable that he was their youngest fan. Michael got to meet the band and hung out with them for a while, he even taught Matt and George how to sign their names.