Secretly Famous Part 8

Part 8

I look nice and elegant in the yellow dress Mrs Wells helped me find and my hair is tied up perfectly. I also put on a few exclusive silver bracelets and a long designed diamond necklace I had made for my 21st birthday. The only thing that keeps me from being a copy of my famous self is my now quite large stomach. I still look dazzling, I admire myself in the mirror. Matt had spent the whole morning cleaning the house and preparing the dinner with my help. Matt refuse to buy catering or cleaning service. He is quite proud of taking care of himself and I don’t mind it either. The less people are snooping around the better. Auntie always involved me in the household chores when I grew up, she didn’t even let me escape from it when I got famous.

Matt is looking good in a green shirt and a grey costume.

”Hey handsome, I have a confession to make.” I tell him.

”What is it sweetheart? Did you already change your mind?” he says obviously not worried about what I was going to say.

”No, did you change your mind?” I ask him back with a frown.

”So what is it?” he wants to know and gives me a hug.

”I feel so ashamed you know. I thought… I sadly didn’t trust you to keep my secret. I thought you would tell your whole family about me just to make it easier for us to be together. I realised how wrong I was when you told me you knew all along. You kept my secret and my fame to yourself. So I’m really sorry and I love you.”

”Don’t worry about it Molly. Just relax and don’t listen to anything that my mother will say. You look stunning by the way and even a dead dog would recognize you as Darlene today, but not my mother, she is too stuck up to see anything else than what she already made her mind up to be.”

”A plain whale then?”

Matt laughs at my joke and I kiss him lovingly. I am still nervous. I never planned to get involved with the Gregory family but that is just the irony of life, things never turn out like they are supposed to. At least I found love and I am grateful for that.

Matt’s parents arrives first and they dressed up really strict, both in navy blue. They greet me coldly but hugs Matt very dearly. It looks ridiculous, but I have other things to worry about like surviving a whole dinner with Mrs Gregory in the same room. It is not easy to like someone who already decided to hate me forever. She even acts like I smell bad which I know I don’t. I had Darlene’s Sunset perfume on me today, the most exclusive one on the market. Do I have to point out how popular it is?

Matt had already prepared welcome drinks to the guests with vodka and orange juice. His parents gladly accepts it like they need to get drunk in order to accept their sons choice of wife. Accept is perhaps the wrong word, maybe I should say tolerate. My drink is plain juice but I wish we were celebrating with champagne. I will drink champagne the second after my baby is born. Wow I sound like an alcoholic thinking like this. The whole idea of getting married is quite scary overall, I am in my best years and have barely grown up yet. I refuse to think about the divorce rate either. This must work out and I can’t imagine that my feelings for Matt will fade.

My family arrives before we could start talking about the weather and I happily welcome them at the door. First my sister Anne hugs me, she is nineteen and has curly gold locks and a cute red dress with white big dots, inspired from the sixties. She is a sweet sister and don’t see her often enough though she is a brat just like my brother Martin who is twenty-one. He has sand coloured hair and green eyes and is spending his days chasing girls at college. Not to mention the fact that he is texting on his phone every two minutes. My dad hugs me, he is looking forward to become a granddad. He is still good looking and his girlfriend Bree looks like a Barbie doll with screaming fake red hair and a short baby pink silk dress. Not to mention the deadly high heels she barely can walk in and some obviously remade body parts. My dad deserves better than her but he doesn’t care.