Secretly Famous Part 19

Part 19

I’ve been home a week from the hospital and Lilee is almost two weeks old. It feels so good to have my body back to myself. I have finally recovered from my illness and I can spend hours just looking at my sleeping daughter. I swear, she’s the cutest thing I ever seen!

”It’s not fair, she only looks like you.”

I look up and smile at Matt who just entered the baby room.

”That’s weird,” I tell him, ”because I don’t think she looks like me at all.”

”Liar.” He walks up to me to kiss my cheek. ”I hope she inherits your talent.”

”Don’t worry, I’ll force it on her.”

”Are you ready?”

I look at my wristwatch with a frown.

”I don’t understand how fast the clock is ticking today.”

I get up from my seat and find myself pressed to Matt’s body. He puts his arms around me and his breath tickles my neck before he kisses me there. My knees starts to wobble and I moan out of pleasure.

”You are so beautiful, Molly,” he whispers in my ear and I lean back so I can gaze into his eyes.

”Just wait a few weeks and you’ll find me smashing hot. I’ll be back in shape in no time.”

”Fitness freak.”

I stick out my tongue and he laughs at my silly behaviour.

”I must, they booked my first concert in three months. I have a lot of work before then. I am going to spend most of my time in the fitness centre, so you better not regret being a stay at home dad.”

”I don’t really have a choice since I quit my job,” he says and flicks my nose. ”I can handle you being busy and not around. I don’t want you to feel bad about it, I’ll support you in everything.”

His nonchalant tone doesn’t bother me. I smile knowing he means it but it will definetly be a problem in the future when my daughter wants to have me around more. I will spend less time working now compared to before Lilee was born though.

”Do I look okay?” I ask and look down on my light yellow dress.

”I barely notice that you’ve been pregnant. It must be all that food you refuse to eat.”

”I am getting my appetite back! Stop pestering me about it.” I give him a sad look and he takes a few steps back. ”I will eat a lot tonight, I promise.”

”You better.”

”I do not have an eating disorder.”

”You’re always smashing hot Molly. Fat or thin, it doesn’t bother me.”

”Thanks,” I smile to him genuinely happy because of his comment.

The door bell interrupts our conversation and we open the door together, smiling at the first guests who is visiting us since Lilee was born. Everyone is coming over to meet our little angel and I am looking forward to see everyone again after so many weeks.

”Where is the baby, where?!” Katie squeals jumping up and down with a huge grin on her face. She pushes her way into the apartment and disappears into the baby room.