Secretly Famous Part 17

Part 17

I am not swimming anymore. I decided to accompany Eric to the swimming hall today, and I even booked the whole pool for him. He thinks I’m a bit crazy for wasting that much money on him. He is right, I am crazy. Fame and the money made me become like this and it is too comfortable to stop. I don’t like crowded places at all and it also has to do with my pregnancy as I’m in the eight month. I feel like a balloon. It feels a lot better when Matt takes me to the parental courses and I meet other becoming parents.

Christmas and New years just passed so quickly, too quickly for my liking. Everyone found my Christmas gifts for them really funny. No one bought anything special so I don’t have to feel stupid or anything. We will have a baby around next year and everyone seems excited about that. I feel a lot closer to my family and I’m so happy that Matt’s parents was celebrating the whole holiday on a cruise in some warm country.

I am waiting outside the building as Eric is washing up after his swim. It is not that cold today and it is nice after the warmth indoors. It is still early in the day and the sun is making the snow glitter. Finally Eric opens the doors and joins me smiling.

”Good day madam, fancy meeting you here.”

”Hi there mister, did you enjoy your swim?”

”It was fine though a lady kept watching me.”

”Maybe she was jealous?” I unlock the car and holds up the keys to him. ”You can drive today.”

”Are you serious!” he yells with excitement.

”Just don’t get us into an accident, Matt would never forgive you if you scratched his car.”

I don’t drive the sports car anymore for different reasons. One, that car is too low and a bit small for me to sit comfortable in it. Two, Matt’s good old car is a lot safer for me to drive. Eric likes to drive but he doesn’t have a car of his own. I can’t really blame him since I bought my first car a month ago.

”Let’s go to the beach!” Eric decides and start driving.

”Didn’t you just have a swim?” I smile to him.

”It was too hot,” he says and flashes his white teeth to me.

”Fine as long as we go for some hot chocolate afterwards.”

”Deal! How is your sister doing after the move to the school?”

”Oh, she loves her new apartment. She is quite excited to live on her own. She is settling in and this is her first week in school. I am going to visit her in a few months to see how she’s doing.”

”I wish I also could start over somewhere new,” he sighs. ”My parents are watching over me like hawks.”

”I’m sorry,” I say and pity him a bit. ”They just care about you a lot. I don’t want you to leave, I just got to know you.”

”I can’t leave the town after you bought me that membership to the multi fitness centre. Just a place of my own would be good enough.”

”Your parent’s can’t stop you if you really want to move you know. Get a job and apply for college. They have to realise that you are all grown up and I do think you understand your own limitations. They should trust you enough.”

He is quiet for the rest of the drive to the beach. I have no idea why he chose such a place to be at but I guess I’ll see. The beach is located outside the town and the parking lot has a few cars in it. I see a group of people sitting around a fire, singing and roasting marshmallows. It feels a bit surreal that people actually do this during the winter and I can’t hold back a giggle.