Secretly Famous Part 10

Part 10

”Molly?” Anne asks me nervously.

”What is it?”

My sister starts to walk back and forth across the room for a minute before stopping in front of me.

”This is what sisters is for right? I mean talking.”

”You can say anything Anne, don’t feel so nervous about it.”

I don’t know what she is up to but I watch her patiently while she is preparing herself to tell me whatever that now is.

”I have dreams too,” she says slowly, holding her hands hard together. ”I am scared what everyone will think of me. I don’t want to be treated the same way Mrs Gregory treats you.”

”I understand.” I tell her and let my hands rest on my belly. It is only going to get bigger now and I already have back pain. It will soon be over thankfully. I can’t wait to carry my baby in my arms instead.

”I didn’t take a free year.” she finally admits. ”I have been at the dance centre. I do plan to apply to a respectful college but I already decided to apply to a real dance school.” She names Anna’s school of dancing and I sit up straight, all ears for what she was telling me. ”I love to dance, me and my friends do it all the time. If the school rejects me, then I will go to college and live my dream as a hobby instead. I just hope I am good enough, because I am good Molly.”

”I didn’t expect something like this,” I confess with a smile. ”This room is big enough, do you want to show me?”

”Really!” she almost screams in the happiest voice. ”Dad and Martin thinks it is a stupid girly interest.”

”It must have been hard to grow up with men. What music are you using?”

”I have Bree, she isn’t that bad you know. We dance to everything, what would you like to hear?”

”Can you show me the moves without music?” I ask her interested to hear her reply.

”You are one weird sister, but if you prefer that I will.”

Anne starts moving, flowing and letting her body move to the silence in the room. I am lost at the sight of her movements. I feel something growing inside of me what must be pride and admiration. I would not have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes. I have had endless of argues with my dancers through the years and no one have lived up to my expectations as much as my own sister now performing in front of me. If she can do that with silence, how will it not be with music?

”Continue dancing,” I tell her and walk up to her CD-player, puts in a mix CD and press on the play button. A pop song starts playing and she immediately change her style smoothly into the music. I keep changing the songs till the last one for about fifteen minutes and my sister keeps dancing without any sign of tiredness at my wish. She gently bows to me when the music stop and she then rest on the floor, sitting with the happiest smile plastered on her lips. I understand that smile, it is the same smile I had when I started my career.

”Anne, you are amazing.” I tell her. It is true. She dance better than a few professional, in my opinion useless, dancers.

”Thank you. It means a lot that you think so.” She tries to hide her blush.

I think hard and I know I can’t let Anne’s dream be for nothing. No one can dance that good and not be a professional dancer.

”Can I ask you for a favour? You and your friends?”