Secretly Famous Part 9

Part 9

I had to call Jamie and tell him all details from the dinner. Matt is at work and Jamie is for once actually reachable on his phone. He claims he is in a jungle somewhere with a lot of tanned light clothed actresses.

”You said your engagement party was when?"

”December 19th. It is three weeks from now on.” I answer him.

”Darlene,” he moans. ”You know I can’t come. I am stuck here till the 23rd.”

”Can’t you try?” I plead him not wanting to miss having my best friend coming.

”I can’t break my contract, we are already delayed as it is.” He sounds sad.

”I miss you, I haven’t seen you in months!”

”My mom is expecting me for Christmas, that is the only break I’ll have before I finish filming. I think you rather spend it with your boyfriend,” he says with slight jealousy.

”Oh right, whatever. But you can’t hide from me forever!” I threat him and he laughs and taps his fingers on something that sounds like a table.

”How is your song writing going?”

”It is improving.”

”Improving? Now tell me how a world famous singer and songwriter can improve?”

”You know, I write better things.”

”Better as in you will get a few million more fans and a larger bank account than usually?”

I must think before I answer him. I change my sitting position to something more comfortable for my big belly. ”No, I don’t think it will be that kind of changes. I think it will surprise them in a positive way so they keep admiring me.”

”Well, you can always go into the movie business if you fail.” he teases me so I moan with pain of the memory.

”That was one movie and it was a disaster!” I yell still scarred by the memories.

”Even though you hated it, Darling, you are damn of a good actress.”

I shake my head to keep the memories away. Whenever I come across that movie on TV I change it as fast as possible.

”It is a good movie, have you even watched it?”

”I did at the premiere.”

”Not a chance, you hid in my shoulder with your hands over your ears and closed eyes throughout two hours and fifteen minutes.” he says amused.

”Mind you, we were still dating back then so I had every right to be clingy.”

”Remind me some more now that I never have a chance to take you back.”

”Jerk.”

”Don’t talk bad around a baby!”

”Now you’re being silly.” I let my hand rest on my belly and I start smiling thinking about the life in there. ”You know, I sing for the baby when we are alone.”

”Aww that sounds sweet.” Jamie adds in a baby voice. ”Can you sing for us? I haven’t heard you sing live for a while.”

”Meaning you didn’t drive your car for a while.”

”Please?”

I can’t resist his begging voice so I change myself to half sitting in the sofa, praising the invention of hands free and start singing in a soft voice. The light tapping of his fingers in the background reassure me he is still there so I keep going for about three songs. It is nice, relaxing and it makes me happy.