Chapter Thirtysix - Brutal Awakening...

"Here's a good one." Harry said with a proud smile, walking over to the couch with two glasses and a rather large wine bottle. "My parents don't even like this kind of wine, so I'm sure they won't mind if we take a few sips." But then he opened it and poured me a glass that was well more than just a few sips. I sure wouldn't be drinking that much.

I sniffed the glass, like I saw my mom do many times before taking a drink from a bottle of wine, and then took a small sip. It tasted like liquid candy apples; it could have been one. "So, Mr. Lyttle, are you excited for tomorrow?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Little bit. Kinda nervous, to tell you the truth." He admitted.

I nodded, "Understandable. But you know, I think you and Ash will be real happy together. Just gotta treat her right, she treats you right, and you guys could be together for a long time."

Harry blushed - actually blushed! - and took a sip of his wine, "I know. I plan on treating her very well. She's everything to me; my life, my love, my happiness... She's my best friend."

"Dude, you're gonna make me cry." I sniffed, wiping away a tear that fell. Seeing this side of Harry was surprising. Sure, I liked him a long time ago, but lately I've thought he's just changed so much. Maybe I took the signs wrong, maybe he really is just a really good guy. I took a long sip of my wine and raised it to him, "To Harry and Ashley; may they have a wonderful marriage!" I said.

"To Annabelle; without her I would have picked the most hideous tie ever!" Harry laughed, raising his glass as well and then sucked the full glass down. I didn't want to seem like a kid, so I did the same. I don't even think this wine will do anything; it's so sweet!

"Yo ho, yo ho! A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!" Agh! I swear, I don't feel differently at alllllllllll. Three bottles of wine later? Psh, naahhhh, nothing!!!!!!

"Why are you singing?" Harry chuckled. See, he's fine too! He was sittin' on the couch, watching me dance with my arms out, spinnin' around real fast. The room was spinning, but I think that's normal. Or maybe he lives in a fun house! OOOOH, I hope that one!!!

"Cause pirates are awwwwwwesoooooome!" I cheered, punching the air with my empty fist while the other held the remaining wine in the bottle. "You know," I took a swig. "This wine tastes sooo good, but it doesn't do anything to you! I don't feel tipsy at allllll!"

Harry smirked, "I think you are. I think you're beyond tipsy, Annabelle."

"Well then why aren't you? You're drinkin' too!" I pointed a finger at him and tried to keep my balance at the same time.

"I haven't had as much as you, though." His eyes flickered over me with amusement, probably thinking I looked silly.

He stood up and walked over to me, "I haven't seen you in a long time." He said.

"You saw me the other day! At the wedding dress shop. I saw you, you were there." I slurred, taking another swig.

"Yeah, I remember..." He looked me up and down.

"That say was SO funny; I had to buy the dress! Can you-"

I sobered right up. When Harry grabbed me by the shoulders and shoved his lips onto mine. It didn't even feel like a kiss; it felt more like he was slapping me with his lips. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he was holding onto me too tight. He began to kiss me deeper, and I just kept trying to get out of his arms. I hit him, punched him, jumped around; nothing happened.

"GET MROFF OF MREE!" I tried to yell behind his lips, and it only made him kiss me deeper, and stronger.

It felt like he was kissing me for hours, I could feel his hands making their way to my hips, even though I wasn't kissing back. Did he think I was enjoying this? Knowing there was no point in fighting back, I just stood there, like a mannequin and waited for it to be over. I wished Bale would burst through the door like one of those soap operas, or Michael or Billy, but no one came to my rescue. Bale was working; how could he save me?