Chapter Forty-Five - Starbucks at Midnight

A/N: Alright, Annabelle, you're getting difficult to write. I'm not even sure where I'm going with this, but whatever! I honestly don't know where this is going anymore and that's why I haven't uploaded in a while. It was supposed to end at the wedding!!! But now I've got you guys hooked on another scenario; Annabelle going to college... I'm not sure what to do with this so I guess I'll continue. Sorry if it goes downhill from here on out. ... "From here on out, it's the chronic two, starting today and tomorrow till noon!" ...Sorry, got the song stuck in my head. I don't even know if those are the words to it! Ugh, wow, this whole chapter is going to be about me rambling. Maybe I should just start doing that; it'd be more interesting than an engaged college kid any day! But since I'm sure you don't want to read that, let's get this show on the road! Enoy =)

RIIIIING

RIIIIIIIIIIING

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

"NOTAGAIN!" I screamed and reached under my pillow for this damn phone. Why does everyone find it funny to wake me up at the crack of dawn?! WELL IT'S NOT, SO CUT IT OUT PEOPLE! I didn't bother looking at the caller ID and opened the phone. "Hello? Who is this? And why are you calling so early?!"

"Whoa, college has made you cranky."

My eyes widened, "HAZEL?! Oh my God! Hi!" I screamed. Mellisa sat up from her bed to give me the 'what the hell' look, but I ignored her. I haven't been able to get a hold of Hazel in over a week; but it felt like years. In school we had been together every day, I dragged her to Tennessee with me, and we even applied to colleges together. If it wasn't for Bale and his rule of 'Tennessee college doesn't have a good enough education for you' I would be in college with her too!

"Hey, girl! How are you?" I felt myself smile at the twang in her voice; she's certainly a Tennessee girl now.

"I'm alright, just been busy, busy, busy." I sighed. My eyes darted to the one foot pile of homework I should have done last night, but there it was, glaring at me. Maybe I really did need sleep. "How about you? How's Tennessee? How's Billy? OOH, have you seen Bale lately? Are you stalking him like you should?"

She giggled from all of my questions, "Um, well, I'm going to start with saying no I haven't been stalking Bale. Should I?"

"No, I think he's being good." I giggled.

"Alright, good. Um, Billy is good. I went to the store yesterday and saw your dad. He said he's planning a surprise for you, but he wouldn't tell me what it was because he knew I'd tell you."

"Oh, he's good."

"I know, right?" She laughed. "And college here is pretty fun, but still busy like you. My roommate is so annoying." She hissed in a whisper, and I knew she must be in the room with her. "She doesn't clean, she won't shut up, and she always plays loud music while I'm trying to do my homework. I'm gonna kill her, Annabelle. I swear, I will - I'll plea self defense."

"No, because if you kill her I'll lose the bet with Billy." I smiled.

"What was this bet about, Annabelle?" I could just see her raising one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows at me.

"He said you'd kill someone within the first semester. I said it would be more near summer break, so you wouldn't have to go back to them in the fall."

"I don't think I can last that long, though. How much money did you bet?"

"Fifty bucks."

"Damn! ...Okay, I'll try."

"Thanks." I giggled. "I've got class in a few, but I need to hop in the shower first. Thanks for callin' though! Call me more often, girl."

She laughed too, "I'll try - and I'll try to stay away from knifes or anything else potentially dangerous."