Chapter Thirtyeight - Do You Take Harry Lyttle To Be Your Husband?

It took every word I've ever learned probably to convince Bale to leave Harry alone. It was the day of the wedding, and he kept saying things like, "I bet Harry would look a lot better with a black eye." I would just shake my head and ignore him.

Every time he looked at me and saw the discoloration in my makeup, he'd wince and look away. Was it really that bad? I guess he just feels bad...

"Oh stop, help me get ready." I finally said. He followed me sheepishly to the dressing room in the back of the church, where I'd be getting ready with all the other girls. I was early, and I wanted to be. I had to help Ashley get ready, and I didn't want to have to worry about getting myself ready. Hazel already did my hair and makeup and was hanging out in the piews with some other people who were helping with the wedding.

"What do you need help with?" Bale asked.

"Since my dress was never altered, I'm gonna need help with a lot." I sighed.

"Uh, shouldn't Hazel be helping you with this, honey? I mean, not that I don't want to, I want to, it's- Ugh! That didn't come out right, I-" He was turning redder and redder as he spoke.

I just smirked at him and shook my head, "Listen, it's just like I'm wearing a baithing suit, right? It's no different than that."

Bale frowned, but didn't say anymore. Hazel already helped me enough by piling the makeup on my face, and now she's running around trying to help out with last minute stuff.

I took out the dress and started peeling off my jeans. Bale looked away, trying to be sweet, but it only made me laugh. I took off my shirt and got the dress up to my hips; that's where it stopped. "Alright, time to rope me into the thing." I sighed. Bale blindly walked over, still looking away, and started pulling on the top of the dress, a little too gingerly. "Dude, it's never gonna get past my ass!" I giggled, pulling harder on it.

I jumped around, hoping it'd just pull up already. With the help of Bale and jumping around, I finally got it to my waist. Now the zipping part...

Bale pulled on the little zipper, getting it up to zip without an issue. Now I had a gaping hole on my chest, and anyone could look down and see my bra; the full thing. "Great..." I sighed, looking around. I grabbed the socks I was wearing and stuffed them in there, like a middle schooler would, but it wasn't nearly enough. Dang, Ashley's sister has a chest.

Bale looked at me and began laughing, "You look great, darlin'." He chuckled.

"Bull!" I snapped back, looking around for something to stuff in the top. I didn't find anything, and so I took a hair pin from my curls and scrunched the front of the dress together, making it fit to me just fine. "Perfect." I smiled, looking down at my now unexposed chest.

Bale and I walked out of the dressing room, looking around. When I saw Ashley walked in, my heart dropped. She looked happy, don't get me wrong, and I should be happy for her... But that question still kept ringing in my head. What if he abuses her? I shook my head to clear the thoughts away and walked up to her with a big smile. "I got in the dress! Now come on, let's get you into yours."

Ashley laughed at the hair pin, but said it was a good idea and I looked great. "Besides, the maid of honor is supposed to look different than the rest." She smiled. We walked to the very back of the church, down the hall, where the bride's dressing room was. It was much bigger, so all of the bride's dress could fit in there. Ashley had a simple silk dress though; not too fancy, not too simple.

"So let's see, you already did you hair, your makeup. What jewelry are you going to wear?-" I began, but Ashley cut me off.

"Annabelle, what really happened yesterday?" She asked. "You covered your cheek, I can tell. Harry wouldn't tell me anything, and Hazel kept glaring at me when I walked inside."