Chapter Thirtynine - TTFN: Ta Ta For Now

Everyone in the bus station must have been looking at this group, wondering why so many people were there to say goodbye to two people. Hazel and I both had our duffle bags (plus her thousand make up bags and my wedding dress - which I'd actually be using someday!! EEK!). Dad, the boys, Bale, Billy B., Michael and Ashley were all standing across from us, smiling, but sad. This was the best summer ever, without a doubt. I thought it would be the worst, but I was plesently surprised.

"This sucks." Ashley frowned.

I laughed, but inside my heart was aching. I was leaving my family, friends and my - this made me blush a violent pink - fiance. "Don't worry, we'll be coming back to visit soon." I smiled.

"Yeah, and we're soooo coming back for the summer next year." Hazel smiled, looking at me to make sure I was in on it. I nodded, "Deffinitely."

Ashley walked over and hugged both Hazel and I. Then Michael and Billy B hugged me - Billy walking over to Hazel to give her a special fairwell. All of the boys came over and gave me hugs, telling me to come back real soon. I gave Billy my real e-mail address, since he didn't seem to get it right before, and I told Dad he had better call me at least every weekend or I'd hunt him down and chuck The Notebook at his head. We decided we'd finish the book together, through the phone.

Next Dad came over and hugged me. I swear I heard him sniff. "Don't worry, Dad, I'll be back soon. There's no way you can keep me away." I giggled, sniffing a little myself.

"That's good." Dad grinned.

I smiled and looked behind him; Bale was waiting for his turn, standing behind Dad with his hands in his pockets. When our hug was finally over, I walked over to Bale, away from everyone else.

"So, this is it, huh?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Nope. This is just a small break." I smiled, putting my hands in my pocket as well. Bale grinned and looked down.

"I'm gonna miss you, Annabelle."

"I'm gonna miss you, too. I'm probably going to call you every day." I giggled.

He looked up, "You'd better."

We smiled to each other before closing the gap and wrapping our arms around each other. We hugged for what felt like forever, then our lips reached together and we kissed. "I love you." I whispered.

Everyone was looking away, to be polite, but I heard Billy B wolf whistle, making me giggle. "I love you, too." Bale whispered back, then looked over at Billy B, sending him a look that said 'don't do it again'. I laughed and let go of Bale, walking over to Hazel and grabbing my things. The bus was leaving any moments.

"God, I hate this!" I groaned, stomping my feet. Everyone laughed, but I saw Bale hated it too.

"We'll be coming back real soon. Between my parents and your mom, I'm sure we can afford bus tickets for every other weekend." Hazel smiled.

This made me a little hopeful, but still, I was sad to be leaving in the first place.

Hazel and I said goodbye one last time before turning and walking towards the bus. We found a seat in the way back, just like we had on the way up here, and laid out like it was a bed. We waved to everyone from the bus window as it began to roll away and before long, I was watching Bale and everyone disappear slowly from view. When we turned a corner, they were gone.

"So, Haze, there's something I gotta tell you." I said.

She turned away from her window to look at me, "Yes?"

"See this necklace?" I asked, holding out the small pearl on it's gold chain, hanging around my neck.

She nodded.

"It's an engagment necklace. I'm engaged." I smiled.

Just like I had expected...

"OH MY GOD, YOU'RE ENGAGED TO BALE? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS SO AWESOME!" She screamed.