Prologue: The Promise

The wind rushed through my hair as I headed toward base. My favorite green tennis shoes slapped the ground of my large dirt covered backyard and adrenaline pumped through my veins.

I'm almost there. Almost there!

My breathing sped up and I quickly glanced behind me to see how far behind my chaser was. Not too far, I could still make it to base -the back porch- before he caught up with me. Not only where my legs longer, but I was also about twice his height. Being the height of a seven year old and only being five had it's advantages -like winning at tag- but my body was clumsy; it just grew at a rate I couldn't keep up with.

When I turned my head forward again I tripped on my feet -see, clumsy- and landed scraping both my knees, my palms, and my lower lip. I ate dirt.

Literally.

For a moment I just stayed in that awkward position, shock setting in. Slowly I maneuvered myself so I sat on my bum. Blood cascaded down both of my knees and my palms were red and filled with debris; I could feel the blood dripping down my bottom lip. It took a moment, but once the shock of the fall wore off, I felt the pain.

Tears stung my eyes as I started sobbing, the pain worse than when I fell off the front porch and ended up losing my first baby tooth. And that hurt. But I soon realized it was nothing compared to this.

In a matter of seconds the boy I had been playing tag with was at my side. His blue eyes were large with worry and started to water. Why is he crying? I'm the one that fell.. I thought.

He swung his arm around and placed it under my armpit pulling me up with a grunt. Pain shot through my legs as my knees straightened, but I kept walking anyway.

the tears he was crying were revealing his light brown freckles and leaving clean streaks on his cheeks where dirt once collected.

Once we had reached my porch he sat me down on one of the steps and I noticed the tears he was crying were revealing light brown freckles and leaving clean streaks on his cheeks where dirt once collected.

“Stay here,” he instructed. I whimpered. I didn't want him to leave me alone, we were home alone as our Mom's had went to run errands and I just wanted him to hug me until the pain went away.

The little brown haired boy hurried back a minute later with a first-aid kit I didn't know we had. I soon decided it was his because I knew we didn't have anything like it in our house. He gently disinfected my knees and put band-aids on them, then moved to my palms. My tears had stopped but I still winced in pain whenever the tiny anti bacterial pad touched my raw skin, the boy let out a constant sting of 'sorry's even when I knew it wasn't his fault.

When my knees and palms where taken care of he moved to my bottom lip. I could feel his breath in my face and that made me squirm more than the pain did. His shaggy brown hair brushed the tips of his eye lashes and his blue eyes were concentrating solely on patching up my bottom lip.

When he was done putting a band-aid on my lip, he put away his things and moved to sit on the step above me so that he sat taller.

“Thank you,” I croaked. My voice was still horse and my eyes were raw from crying. I tried to move up to the step above me so I could sit next to him but he placed his hand on my shoulder and shook his head. My face fell, but he then turned himself so he was facing sideways, toward me, and I turned so I was facing him, having to look up a bit.

He placed his palm on my shoulder and I noticed how many tear streaks covered his cheeks.

He sighed heavily then started talking. “So I've been thinking,” he started, not removing his hand from my shoulder. Not even blinking he said, “I think you should be my Wife. You need me to take care of you,” his eyes were serious, that much I knew. I thought about it. Why do I have to be the Wife? I'm taller..

“I don't wanna be the Wife. I'm a boy too, why can't I be the Husband?” I complained. “Besides I'm taller.”

“But I'm older." He explained, and he was,  only by a year, but he would never let me forget it. "And you're clumsy, you always fall,” he did have a point. My Mom was younger than my Dad and my grandparents were the same.. “You need to be the wife so I can take care of you," he said with certainty.

I sighed defeated and nodded my head in agreement.

“Good!” He smiled large and his blue eyes sparkled making me smile.

The 6 year old's eyes slowly fell to my bandaged lip. He grimaced. Before I knew it his face came down and was only centimeters away from mine.

“I'm going to kiss you, okay.” But it wasn't a question, that much I did understand. His face slowly came down and his lips pressed to mine. I squeezed my eyes close because that what I saw my parents do. He slowly pulled away and I opened my eyes, his eyes bore into mine and I could feel my face get red.

“Uh... uhm, why did you kiss me?” I asked embarrassed.

“Because! Husbands kiss their Wives.” He seemed upset that I asked and leaned down to kiss me again. It was quick and soft, but I felt the heat return to my face.

“Okay, now that we've sealed it with a kiss.” He balled his hand in a fist and left his pinky sticking out. “You're my Wife, and you can't be anyone else's Wife, got that. Ever!” He said enthusiastically. I nodded my head slowly and took his pinky in mine.

“Pinky promise.”

A week later he moved away.

A/N:

Thanks for reading! It's not supposed to be child porn so I didn't put much deatil, but it won't always be like that, promise!

Loved it? Hate it? Yes, no, meh?

Feedback? Votes? Comments? I'd love them all! Anything you have to say, type away!

Please and thanks you Sexy Freaks ^-^

-Tae
[edited July 11, 2014]