Chapter 3: The Sacred Knee Touch

I finally updated! Yay! Sorry it took so long, a family member passed away so we've been busy and i haven't really been motivated... But here ya go! Thanks for the votes!

Question though.. why does the first chaper have 6 views while the second has like way more than that? lmao! Oh, well. This chpater isn't great sorry but i tried :I. thank you!

Okay, so I officially decided this guy is way to eye catching to ever be around for long periods of time. We've been on campus for five minutes and Carter had been asked for his number three times. THREE TIMES. I’ve been getting looks and stares and a few sneers, really people, you don't even know the guys name yet and you're already hating me for walking around with him?

Hoe bags, the lot of 'em.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to fade into the back ground, I don't quite like people staring at me, not that they would, I'm not much to look at. Just your average 18 year old boy with his head in another universe most of the time.

Okay. Fine. I'll admit it. I'm a bit jealous. But being near this guy would make anyone feel insecure. Seriously though.

I adjusted my backpack on my shoulder and stuffed my hands in my pocket, leading Carter to the office. Suddenly a hand was placed softly on my shoulder, tearing my eyes away from my sneakers.

“Elijah, are you okay? You look, uncomfortable...” Carters bright blue eyes reminded me of lighting.

“Eh? Uh, yeah. I'm fine.” I said quickly and continued down the long hallway to the Office. No way in hell I was telling his guy he made me feel inferior, thought he probably already new it, I get the feeling he makes a lot of people feel this way. Whether or not it's on purpose is still up in the air though. Just met the guy yesterday, after all.

“Okay,” I heard him say and continue to follow close behind me.

I turned left into another hall way and a few feet ahead of us was the Main Office where Carter would pick up his schedule. “The office is right there,” I nodded toward it.

“You're not going with me to pick it up?”

“Uh... Well, if you want me to, I guess-”

“Great!” Carter grabbed my hand and lead me into the office. He walked straight up the Secretary and introduced himself. “Hi! I'm Carter Reed. I'm new.” he smiled.

The secretary, a woman no older than 27, looked amazed as she ogled Carter. Taking in his tattoos and hair and lip piercing, her eyes then went to me, squinting in recognition. I've been in here more than a few times. Not for anything bad, but as much as I hate to admit it, I'm rather clumsy. And she often replaces the nurse when she's not here, which is most of the time.

“Schedule,” Carter reminded her, her eyes flicked down to her computer and she began typing.

“Reed, Carter,” she mumbled. “Got it!” Just then the printer went off and started printing Carters schedule. She handed him the paper then said, “Have a good first day Carter. And Elijah, I'll see you later,” she said in a mocking tone. My face turned and red and I shot her a look. She just chuckled and turned back to her computer.

Once we had left the office Carter stopped me. “What was that about?” referencing to her comment.

My face turned even more red. Why did she have to say that, it only reminded me even more to how inferior I was to Carter. “Nothing much, let me see your schedule?” I changed the subject and took the paper from his hands.

After looking at it my mouth went slack.

This... can't be real, right? I'm dreaming, I've been kidnapped by aliens and they're force feeding me my worse nightmares.