Chapter 18: The date of dreams

Oh My Lord Jesus CHEESEBALLS THIS CHAPTER TOOK FOR EVER AND A DAY TO WRITE SO JUST TELL ME YOU LOVE ME and we can get back to a regular updating scheduel.

yay for regular updates!

*SONG TO THE SIDE IGNORE THE VIDEO PLAYING, JUST LISTEN TO THE SONG* It was the best version i could find, sorry.

If I were an Artist- Jake Coco

Chapter 18: The date of dreams

I've been stalling. Doing anything and everything to stop from thinking about my date with Carter in like, four hours. I know as soon as I buckle down and realize that I'm going on a date with him, it'll be... what's the word? Oh, yeah. Complete and utter CHAOS.

I was laying on my bed not thinking about anything. I had just cleaned my room -yes, I actually cleaned without hanging be bribed by my mother- and I cleaned my bathroom. I also did all the dishes, cleaned the counters of the kitchen, swept the kitchen floor and vacuumed the living room.

Anything, anything, to keep me from flipping out.

This wasn't just some old, run-of-the-mill date. Oh, no. This was a date with Carter Reed. The guy who apparently proposed to me when he was only six. The guy with the lightening blue eyes that draw you in and keep a hold of you until you feel like you're drowning and have yourself wondering if your a masochist because you like it. You like that you can't breath and your heart is pounding against your ribcage and you're utterly terrified, so completely terrified, but it's okay. Somehow those eyes, though drowning you they may be, are a safe place.

And that's exactly what Carter had unknowingly become for me; a safe place. And it scares me about as much as it thrills me.

“Elijah?” my mom popped her head in my doorway.

“Yeah, mom,” I asked, sitting up.

“Don't get me wrong dear, I love what you've done with the house, but don't you think you should be getting ready for your date with Carter?”

My stomach dropped. She knew!? How-what?! I haven't even told her anything yet! Does she think I'm gay? Am I gay? It it just Carter!? What is life!?

“Eli,” my mom said, noticing my sudden stress levels rising. “It's okay you know,” she said softly as she walked over to my bed and sat down. She placed her hand lovingly on my knee. “It's okay to like Carter. It's okay to be confused about all of this,”

I nodded my head in understanding. “I really do like him mom,” I admitted, my face heating up, god, I'm talking to my mom about how much I liked another boy. I certainly never saw this day coming.

“I know, sweety. And you know, he likes you too, it's not just you who is going though this. It's Carter too. If you're feeling confused you can talk to him. And you can always talk to me about this kind of stuff, I want you to know that,”she pat my knee.

“So you aren’t like, angry or mad or disappointed or anything?”

“No! Of course not! Never! I could never be disappointed in you,” she pulled me into a hug and my face got buried in her white blonde hair.

“Thanks mom,” I said.

“No problem!” she smiled at me, holding me at arms length. Her eyes drifted to my dresser where the Polaroid picture of her and dad was fitted into another frame. Her smile softened and a loving look over took her eyes. She turned away from the picture and looked at me. “Your father would be proud too you know that? And the would have wanted to be here,” she sat a little higher.