Chapter 8: Party, party, party

A/N:

Enjoy!

Ugh! People. So many people. Okay, so there were only about a classroom size amount of people here, but still. I counted on a weekend with my friends away from others; sure they were high schoolers that were about an equal amount annoying as my friends, but I didn't like them that much. My life sucks, yo.

So, I sat in my kitchen on the counter next to the oven, away from all the booze and the living room where people were grinding like coffee to awful music. Wait, it's my ipod. I shook my head, I need new, and less annoying, music.

The party had started about an hour and a half ago and I had yet to 'join in'. I didn't want to. I wanted to sit next my oven on the counter in my kitchen and sulk and throw a huge pity party for myself. Why? Well, one: my house furniture was rearranged to accommodate all the people-who I didn't even want in my house anyway-and chances are, I'd have to clean up the mess all by myself. And two: Carters face kept popping up in my head. Just the look he gave me when I jumped away from him was awful. Like I’d stopped on his heart and killed his puppy all in one giant swoop. His lighting-y eyes were sad and pained and I just all around felt like a giant, ugly, fat, dung beetle. You know the gross bugs that climb on poop all day. Yup. Just one giant dung beetle.

I didn't even mean to hurt Carter-I didn't even know I could! I guess I'm just being mean, I know he is human, I think, and humans have feelings- it just kind of happened. I mean, I, Elijah Doll, amazingly straight had... Okay well, I had done a lot of things. Sniffing my pillow he had slept on last night, wanting very much to become one with the bed, thought about his body in ways I shouldn't, and then I caught myself-as accidental as it very, very, much was- checking out his ass. THAT'S ENOUGH TO GET ANY GUY CONFUSED! And I can't just walk up and say “Hey, Carter. Sorry for freaking out on you a while ago. I just caught myself shamelessly checking out your goods.” I'd rather die a million times over then ever let those words leave my lips. I'd rather go to a Justin Timberlake concert...NAKED. In the snow. Surrounded by a pack of hungry hungry hippos.

I shivered. I have nightmares about that game.

“What are you still doing in the kitchen?” I looked up to see Kaylub was standing in front of me.

“Sulking.” I said truthfully.

He rolled his eyes. “I can see that you, giant dung beetle,” see, even Kaylub The King Of Losers thought I was a dung beetle. “But this your party! And it's the first one we've ever been to!”

“It's not my party,” I crossed my arms pouting. “It's Carters.”

“Why did I even agree to be friends with you?” he breathed out, exasperated.

“Because you couldn't find anybody else to put up with your amazingly low IQ?” I smiled.

“Yeah, and I'm sure you totally could have found another best friend as cool and awesome as me.”he pointed to himself cockily.

“Oh, but I did remember? I traded you for Josh...” I thought about it. “But, then again I should have just traded you for another Asian. One with some mad ninja skills would be nice.”

He just stood there with his mouth in and 'O'.

“Yup,” I said popping the 'p'. “I played out the race card. Eat it along with your cup noodle and anime porn.”

“I just... I-I...” he looked at me with an amazed expression. “Y-you just... Elijah!” he shrieked like a 14 year old girl then hit me in the arm like one too. I wonder if my friends really are just a bunch of tweenage girls in boy skin suite and this was just one giant elaborate joke being played on me.