Chapter 7: Watching Hot Boys Sleep Can Cause Mental Breakdowns

A/N:

Hi! So, this chapter was supposed to be all this plus the whole beginning of the party but this chapter was just getting longer and longer and not ending, so I split it in two!

Enjoy!

They were shiny. Sparkling even. More so than Stephanie Meyers magical vampire heroine. If they were glass you'd be able to see your reflection in them. Polished, primped, and prepped from head to spotless toe.

Max was in a lose fitting pair of faded blue jeans that hugged his hips and a gray flannel that's sleeves he rolled up over it. His short black hair was put up into a mo-hawk. Josh was wearing a loose fitting black button up and a tighter pair of Levi's, his his was back into a quiff. Kaylub was the one that surprised me the most, normally he's a hoodie and pants kind of guy, not really caring about his hair at all and just letting it do what it wanted too. But not tonight, tonight that guy was gone and in his place was a well dressed and neat looking Kaylub. He was wearing a black t-shit with red around the collar and the short sleeves, it was tight around the shoulders and chest, giving a view of muscles you would otherwise have no idea he had, and more loose around his stomach. He wore a nice pair of black jeans with black Vans and his long black hair was styled so it fell nicely over his brown eyes. All in all my-ex- best friend impressed me.

We were setting up for the party that was starting in less than 45 minutes. Pouring chips into giant bowls, setting out red plastic cups and bottles of soda all on the dining room table. I was just praying that no body would break anything.

“You should really go get ready,” said Kaylub opening another package of red solo cups and stacking them on the table with the rest of them.

“Ugh, I know,” the truth is that I had been putting off getting ready because by doing that I confirmed that it indeed was really going to happen. I don't even like people, half the time they're just a bunch of mindless Drug Monkeys worshiping Mother Nature for making weed and listening to Justin Timberlake. Why would I want 50 or 60 of them in my house? I wouldn't. That's like asking a vegetarian to Outback Steak House. It's something you just don't do. Ever.

“You really should though, Carter should be back in like, 10 minutes with the drinks, then everyone will be arriving,” informed Max.

Ah, Carter. The whole reason I'm in this pickle suite throwing a pity party. The devil left about an hour ago and a half ago, he was going to go home and get ready then go and “commandeer” some alcohol from some people who “owed” him. I didn't ask. I also got the feeling that Carter Reed, Mr. BadBoyExtraordinaire himself, was way more of a mystery than I had previously thought. I knew practically nothing about Carter but his first and last name and that he likes to give off weird alien vibes and confuse people. People being me. The more little detail I learned about him the more questions I had. Why did he come in drunk last night? Why did he leave his previous school? What were his 'troubles' in school about? And what does someone need to do for Carter to 'owe' them? The more I thought about it the more confused I got, because the picture he was painting for himself, wasn't a good one. I began wondering if hanging out with Carter Reed was such a good idea...

“I'm going, I'm going,” I waved them off putting down the last litter of soda and climbed the stair and headed to my room. Closing the door behind me I took in a deep breath and let it out. Parties are nerve wracking, but to be honest it's not the party at all, but the people. People from school-I think anyway Carter is inviting them-coming to my house to illegally drink alcohol, get drunk and listen to music. I just really didn't want this to end up like 13 Reasons Why.