Chapter 4: Anna on my mind

Hi! so I've finally decided where to take this book and I've got TONS of ideas and it's going to be great! Best part of it all? This is the chapter that starts it! It's the butterfly that flapped it's wings and caused a tornado in Japan! (FYI i know that sounds dumb, it was on purpose, guys.)

Please stick with me? ^^

It's been two weeks since Carter's moved here and things have pretty much gotten back to normal and fallen into place. He's found a group of friends of his own and only sit's with us four maybe twice a week now. Carter and I haven't been working on our English project for first period together outside of class and I'm starting to get scared of all the "alone time" we'll be spending together in detention if we don't finish it soon.

I dislike my English teacher, and she dislikes me, so I'd rather not spend anymore time in there than necessary. She already has it in her overly hair sprayed head that if I hang with Carter I'm sure to get a detention at some point. And although I'm quite sure she is right, I'd rather prove her wrong. An hour in a quiet room with Carter and the face-skin lady was more than I could bare, I'm sure more than anyone could bare.

At this point I'm so lost in thought that I don't see whats in front of me, well, more like who is in front of me.

"Oof!" I hit something much smaller than me and take a few steps back, slightly disoriented. I quickly grab onto the reins of my brain and make it start to work again, figuring out what I ran into. 

Scratch that, who I ran into. Anna Grace, AKA the most beautiful thing to grace-get it-the earth. She has midnight black hair, eyes the color of milk chocolate, and a Spanish accent that makes me lose my train of thought. She's perfect and I've been in love since freshmen year, and if you can count, that'd be four years. Too bad she didn't know I existed.

I look at the small girl in surprise. "S-s-s-sorry!" I stuttered. Smooth Elijah, killin 'em with your words. Not. She looked up at me, her brown eyes glittered. I didn't know eyes glittered. I wiped away my mental drool. 

"It's Okay, Elijah. I wasn't paying much attention either," she smiled at me then turned and walked away, looking at her phone.

Elijah. She knows my name. SHE KNOWS MY NAME. ELIJAH IS THE BEST NAME EVER THANKS MOM.

"That girls hips should be illegal," said Kaylub from right next to me. 

"Everything about that girl should be illegal, she should be banned from nursing homes she'd give them all heart attacks. She should be banned from beaches, people would drowned. She should be-" Kaylub slapped his hand over my mouth.

"I get it. You have a not so small thing for Anna Grace. But so does most of the male population," he added.

"I know," I sighed and we continued walking. "It's not my fault, she's just so..." I struggled to find the word, in the end all I came up with was, "frigging awesome!"

"I agree. Too bad for you, she barley knows you exist. I think you like to torture yourself on purpose. A masochist are we?" Kaylub wiggled his eyebrows up and down repeatedly.

"No, but boy am I a slave to those hips!" I exclaimed as we reached my locker.

"Whose hips?" I turned around at the sound of a familiar voice. I had long since forgotten-or more like suppressed-my dislike of Carter because of his devilishly good looks.

"Not just any 'who', A-" Kaylub started but I elbowed him in his ribs. "The fuck man!?" I gave him a look that hopefully said, don't-tell-the-hottest-guy-in-our-school-about-Anna-Grace!-He-could-totally-get-with-her! But I wasn't quite sure if all that came across.