Chapter 10: Help from the Devil

Hi, Sorry this was suppose to be up yesterday but the wifi stopped working cause we had like a major storm.. so 

WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate my friends.

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating... I glanced around me.

Nope. I really do hate my friends.

My house is in complete shambles. The furniture was still pushed back, the pictures on the wall all hung crooked now, empty red solo cups littered the now gray-once white-carpet and chip crumbs stuck to my feet as I walked around making sure I was the only one in the house. I may watch too many high school movies because I wanted to make sure that no one was passed out drunk in my house. That'd just be awkward.

How would one even handle that situation...?

I glanced out the window to look in my front yard and see some poor sap-is that Timmy?-passed out on my lawn. I reached over and flipped on the sprinklers and watched as he was drenched and in his semi-drunken state, he tried to get up and fell back down again only to try one more time and successfully make a break for it. I smirked.

I guess that's how.

I would have felt bad, but by the time he was running down the street I saw the brown trench coat flowing behind him and all possibilities of guilt diminished. Take that Timmy you trunk monkey Breakfast Club wanna be.

Sighing I turned back to my living room. How could they leave me with a giant mess to clean up by myself? It's probably karma for the whole Carter thing, or maybe the universe is punishing me because chances are I'd probably leave with the rest of them if it wasn't my house. But it is. And I didn't. I threw my hands on my hips and sighed.

Anna left sometime before I got up, I checked the room this morning and it was empty. All of them were.

After Carter blew up on me last night I just went into my room, and starred at the ceiling trying really hard not to cry. Why would I cry? Because I've liked Anna Grace for four years? And now Carter was probably going to date her that easily.

Yeah, we're going with that.

It was getting to a point were it was even hard to lie to myself, very hard. But I refused to even think that I thought about Carter like that. I shook my head, I needed to start cleaning, it was already 1:00 in the afternoon and I didn't want to spend all day doing this. I wanted time to call and guilt my Sludge-Monkey friends into doing my homework for a few weeks.

Grabbing an empty garbage bag in the kitchen back and walking back into the living room I began picking up all the trash first, after that was done I grabbed the vacuum and began making the carpet all shiny and white again. After putting it away I looked around. I fixed the pictures on the walls and took a wash cloth to all the sticky surfaces. There were allot of sticky surfaces. I really hoped that it was just soda like I thought it was...

The furniture still needed to be moved back but I couldn't do that alone. Sighing for the millionth time since I woke up, I fell back onto one of the couches trying to figure out what to do about it. Carter probably wouldn't help me, not after last night. Kaylub lives on the other side of town and doesn't have a car, even if he did though, he's probably still sleeping. I could ask Max or Josh, but I'd like them to show up today, not tomorrow, and considering how they are always late, it's not a total impossibility that they'd arrive tomorrow saying “hey, at least we showed up, right?”