Chapter 12: Lightening

Song: Lightening, Alex Goot (this song is my current obsession) 

Anna Grace to the side.

AND I'VE BEEN CATCHING MYSELF THINKING OF IT,

IT WAS THREE IN THE MORNING, 

EVERY DAY I CHASE AFTER HER ,

BUT I CAN'T CATCH LIGHTENING!”

I sang badly. I was high off life. I was the very definition of ecstatic.

I put on a loser pair of black jeans so they wouldn't rub against my knee so much-Kaylub once said they made my ass look good. Then decided on a white v-neck that dipped a little lower than I felt comfortable with, but it showed the space between my pecks and I rather liked how it looked. A little scandalous? Why yes, yes it was.

For me anyway.

After throwing on a black vest and leaving it unbuttoned I styled my hair so it was messy, but in a sexy way, but not in a I-just-had-sex sexy type of a way. I may be feeling daring, but not that daring.

Momma didn't raise no hoe.

I winked at myself in the mirror then laughed. I was just feeling so happy, amazing, so perfect it felt like nothing could go wrong.

Which only meant that it would.

And it did.

It went very, very wrong.

“Elijah!” my mom called from down stairs.

“Coming!” I yelled throwing my wallet and cell in my back pocket, grabbing my leather jacket and ran down stairs and almost into a beautifully shy looking Anna Grace STANDING IN MY KITCHEN.

“Hi,” she said shyly, fiddling with her fingers. I looked at her, she was wearing a nice little sleeveless hot pink sundress that made me glad I thought to bring my leather jacket. She had on black tights and small heels, her hair was long and curly like normal but pushed out of her face and she had a smoky eye-I think they call it? Normally I think it looks like the girls have gotten punched but with Anna, it didn't look that way at all.

“Hi, Anna.” I sneaked my finger through hers and looked to my mom. “Bye mom,” I smiled at her. She just frowned at mine and Anna's hands. Anna didn't see it because she was to busy staring at out intertwined fingers.

“Be back before midnight,have fun kids” she said sweetly before pecking me on the cheek and walking upstairs.

I squeezed her hand and lead her to the front door. “You ready?” I asked her.

She looked up at me for the first time and I almost drown in pools of brown. “Yeah,” she smiled and my tummy did a little happy dance. It wasn't anything crazy like what happened when I was around Carter, but nonetheless it happened and I liked it.

I walked around her car and opened the drivers side her her, she blushed said a small thank you and got it. Once we were on out way my mouth started talking with my permission.

“You look beautiful tonight Anna,” I said honestly. She stopped at a red light and looked over at me.

“You look really nice too, Elijah,” her lips quivered and she licked them.

We talked the whole way, about music, movies, I told her about my embarrassing tumble and nasty bruise, which made her laugh. But not in a bad way, and I didn't mind it at all. When we arrived at the fancy Mexican restaurant I jumped out and opened her door for her and helped her out taking her hand and not letting it go.