Chapter 19: Oblivious to the Max/ 19.5 & AU preview

HEY-OH!

THERE ARE TWO SURPRISES AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER FOR YOU!!!!!

SO DON'T STOP READING!!!!!!!

I REPEAT

DO NOT

STOP

READING!!!!!!!!

Dedication to Capricious for the chapter 6 title (i think that's what chapter it was...) :D

(Oh and this isn't edited XD)

Chapter 19: Oblivious to the Max

“Hey, Babe.” Were Carter's first words to me when I opened my front door Monday morning to let him inside.

I thought about that... Babe. Babe. I-I Think I may have, kind of, maybe, liked that? But maybe not. I don't really know, I was distracted my his close proximity as he slide past me into the house and then planted a kiss on my cheek.

I did know that I liked that.

Allot.

“Babe?” I questioned, closing the door.

“Yes?” He turned around, eyebrows raised, thinking I was calling him. Well, this is.... embarrassing... why am I so embarrassed!? I always almost keep my cool, but I just can't seem to and he's only been around me for 30 seconds!

Cheese and Rice this was going to be a long day.

“Uh, no.” I said blushing. “I was just wondering why you called me that is all...” I glance down. AH, JEZZ. I'm acting like a girl! I internally slapped myself and straightened up only lose my train of thought when my eyes met Carters. Sigh. At that point I don't even think I cared anymore. He could have called me Oprah and gotten away with it.

“Do you not like it?” He asked, taking a step closer, his blue eyes twinkled -yes, twinkled- and his eyes flickered down to my lips before going back to my eyes.

I took a step back, my heart pounding way too hard against my chest. I wouldn't be surprised if it just up and decided to give out. It's way too early in the morning to be having my heart beat this fast, it can't be healthy right? Carter is going to be the reason for my early departure from this world. “Well, it's not as if I don't like it... but I'm not a pig, you know?”

“So I can come up with something else?” He asked, smirking.

“Uh- well-”

“Carter! Good morning!” My mom sang running into the foyer, but not before tripping over the couch.

“Good morning Ms. Doll,” Carter said as my mom kissed him on the cheek.

“Thank you for taking care of my son.” She winked and giggled at him. Taking care of me...? “Bye, hun. I'm going to work, have a good day at school.” My mom kissed me on the cheek before leaving the house and closing the door behind her.

I stared at the closed door in deep though. Taking care of me...? I thought again. What? Like we were dating? Were we dating? Did I want to be dating Carter? To have him all to myself and call him my... boyfriend? The answer was an obvious one: HELL YES. But we weren't dating, at least Carter hasn't said anything about it, and I'm way too afraid of rejection to ever bring it up. Was that what that word meant? Was babe suddenly synonymous to boyfriend/significant other? Why didn't I know the answer!?