Chapter 16: "Poor Max"

OH EMMM GEEEE I'M SO FLIGGING EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPPY! JUST OMG IT'S HAPPENING LOVE ME, LOVE ME, SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME! :D

alright, well, read on donkey kong! X)

Chapter 16: "Poor Max"

“Dude! Did you hear!? Somebody egged Mrs. Pep's Car!” Kaylub shouted as Carter and I approached him and Josh at his locker. The bell for first period hadn't rung yet.

Carter and I just exchanged knowing looks. Although bit was a small and silly exchange, I felt like we shared a secret, something that just connected the two of us together.... though I guess we did.

“Yeah! I'd like to give the person who did it a medal!” Josh said, needles to say, everyone hated her. Everyone.

“How did she even get married?” Kaylub pondered.

“Who the hell would want to marry that?” Josh added.

“I agree, whoever came up with the idea is a genius,” Carter discreetly complemented himself. I rolled my eyes. Yes, egging her car was fun, but I had a feeling dealing with an angry Mrs. Pep first period, would be anything but.

“An evil genius,” I added, just for spite. Carter, of course, ignored it.

“I have to go to my locker, see you guys later,” Carter winked-at me- and walked off.

“Later,” they called.

“So who do you guys think did it?” I asked, wanting to know there theories. I wondered if someone would take responsibility just to take the major props they'd get. But maybe not... Mrs. Pep is one scary lady. I wonder if she ever takes the Halloween mask off?

Oh wait! That's her face!

OOOHHH!

I crack myself up...

“I was thinking it might be that Timmy kid,” offered Kaylub.

“Yeah, he does seem stupid enough to do something like that.” Josh agreed.

“But he seems the type to get caught doing something like that, and this person got away...” I added. Timmy is an idiot, just a Breakfast Club wannabe, but he doesn't deserve detention Mrs. Pep style. My mind floated back to the mini heart attack he gave everyone at the party a few weeks back... maybe he does deserve it.

“Or what about that one kid that doesn't ever speak!” Kaylub yelled.

“That one that glares at people and rocks back and forth when he's eating his lunch? Psychotic Steve?”Josh asked.

“Yeah, him! It's always the quiet ones...” Kaylub glanced around as if looking for the possible suspect.

“Hmm... no. He seems more the type to try and blow up the school or come in with a gun and kill everyone. Not egg a teachers car,” I said.

“Well that's a comforting thought,” Josh laughed.

“Thinking about it, it might be that Svet kid. He came out as gay last week right?”

“Yeah, but what about it?” the topic hitting way too close to home for my own comfort. I was just starting to accept that I liked Carter, I didn't want to be scared back into being his friend again.

“Well, she was glaring at him the other day when he passed her in the hallway. I heard she's a homophobe,” Kaylub folded his arms in triumph, thinking he had figured it out. “She probably called him out on it in class or whatever,” as much as I didn't want to believe it, it made sense. Mrs. Pep was old, she might have been old fashion too. I knew Svet didn't egg the car, obviously, but if Mrs. Pep really was homophobic, she'd really have a reason to hate me and Carter if she ever found out...