Chapter 17: Remembering

GUIES GUIES GUIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OHEMGEEEEE GUIESSS XD

I always thought the term 'floating on air' was idiotic. I mean, no matter how happy one gets, you can't actually float on air. Is there, like, a height distance thing? Do you have to specify? Like 'Oh, I'm floating 3 feet in the air', as opposed to 10 feet? 20? 30? 100!? does the amount off space between your feet and the ground specify how happy you are? It's such a vague term. Like, what if your afraid of heights? Do you still use it? And if you did, wouldn't it be used in a negative way instead of a positive way?

See? Dumb.

But, regardless, I was -metaphorically of course- floating on air. (And if I had to measure the distance between my feet and the ground, I'd say a good solid100 feet... but I'm also afraid of heights...)

I had just never realized how happy liking someone could make you. And just how ecstatically euphoric having them like you back is. Maybe stupid couples aren't so insanely stupid, just stupid in love. Which still ultimately counts as stupid...

Though my situation was quite a bit different than that of a normal annoying couples. First of all, we're both guys. TWO PENIS'S AGAINST THE WORLD. Second, I was in deep like with CARTER REED BADBOYSEXTRAORDINAIRE.

Oops.

I meant extraordinaire.

No.

No, I didn't.

But thirdly, and probably the most important part, really...We aren't dating.

Nope.

Nadda.

Both still single Pringles.

Still flying solo.

That's right everybody, I'm cruising the street with Jason Derulo.

Much to my utter dismay. I mean, how many times in ones life do they find out some one like Carter Reed, likes them? Not many. And certainly not if you look like I do: average. So what did I realize after I left lunch with Carter? Just that Carter Reed was still, technically, just a crush. Who also happened to be crushing on me.

And that was it.

He was crushing on me, and I was crushing on him. And that was it. I wasn't totally sure how I felt about it. I mean, yes, I liked the guy. Like, really liked him. Not just for his face or his amazing and drool worthy body, but his funny and adorableness. With Carter everything felt new. I didn't know what should be doing, I was worrying about what I looked like, I was acting stupid. But I thoroughly enjoyed every second of my idiocy.

But on a darker more reality based truth, we were both guys. Could I face coming out to world? Was I strong enough to? Could I handle the name calling, the hate, the disgusted look that would surely be on more than a few peoples faces? I wasn't sure if I could proudly walk hand in hand next to Carter like I knew he deserved.

I'm just a dumb ass hoe bag.

Who was also keeping the fact that he was in-like with another guy from his best friend. Yeah, I needed to fix that.

“Sup stupid!” Kaylub yelled though I was only two feet away from him.

“Sup idiot. You're going to make me go deaf, you know that right?” I shook my head.

“Can you blame me! I'm so frigging excited for tonight!” if he doesn't make my ears two useless holes on the side of my head, his brothers and sisters might.