Chapter 15: "Kids in Love"

Sorry, I'm awful, i know! but expect another chapter tomorrow and be glad i didn't just go to sleep because it's almost 1am XD don't hate me! 

the song i was listening to over and over as i wrote this chappy! ---> Kids in Love by Mayday Parade! :D

1/2 carter POV

1/2 Eli POV :)

Carter's POV:

I couldn’t help but smile at him, just leaning on the doorway like I hadn't just practically attacked his face. It was an amazing kiss, so perfect and sweet. By far the best kiss I've had in my 19 years of life-including the other two times I attacked kissed Elijah-and I've done quite allot of kissing. But nothing even remotely close to that short sweet moment.

I couldn't stop myself. I bent down and kissed Elijah's cheek, I swear I lose all control over myself when it comes to him. Proving myself right, my mouth spoke without permission. “I like you. Allot. Allot more than you think you know.” I probably love you. But lucky, I'm not an idiot and I didn't ruin everything by saying that.

He nodded but didn't say a word. It worried me but I kept my face from falling.

“I'll pick you up for school tomorrow, and ten you'll get to know me.” I nodded my head. More reassuring myself than him, “Goodnight Elijah. Dream Sweet,” I don't know why I said that. Dream Sweet. It's not like he'll remember, but I said it anyway, just in case. My body winked at him without my permission and I turned away from the door and walked back to my house next door.

I loved living next door to Elijah, but it was also pure torture. So close, but so far. If it was up to me he'd just live in my room.

I opened the door to my childhood home already knowing where my mom would be.

“Hey, Hun,” she called from the living room to my left. I walked in and saw her sitting in the old maroon recliner, glasses perched on the edge of her nose and and a fat romance novel in her hands. Her red brown gray streaked hair was up in a bun on top of her head and her blue eyes looked tired but light up instantly when she saw me enter the unnecessarily large room. Everything about this house is unnecessary, with 5 bathes and 6 bedrooms, it's way too large for only a family of two, but I wouldn't have rather lived anyplace else. I guess I have Kaylub to thank for that.

“Hey, Ma.” I bent down and kissed her forehead.

“Have a good time at Elijah's?” she wiggled her eyebrows. She knew my feeling's for Eli. They haven't changed since I was younger, though as I grew up I always assumed they did, but once I saw him again, the first day we came back, I knew that I still felt the exact same way. Which was both exhilarating and alarming.

I shrugged. “Fine.” it was anything but fine though. It was amazing, the single best day of my life. Though pretty much everyday I see Elijah,even for a second, seems to be an amazing day. I'm so wiped and he doesn't even know it.

“Just fine?” she questioned. Apparently I had confessed my love for him to her when I was younger and the way I was acting after we had met again gave away that I still felt the same way. It was an awkward and embarrassing conversation, but we had it, and now I can talk to her about it. I don't. But I can.

“Yes, mom, just fine,”

“Okay. But that smile on your face says otherwise,” she grinned. I felt my face and, of course, I was smiling. I'm not one for showing any more emotion than the occasional smirk or a look of boredom, except when it came to Elijah apparently. Which wasn't something I was used to.