The Secret Lie

Vic POV

*Warped Tour Time*

Things couldn’t have gotten more awkward. Standing there watching as Kellin and Megan part with their goodbyes and her five month bump. I’m still afraid Kellin is gonna dig up our past. When the tour bus pulled away, I ran in the house.

“GUISE HE”S GONE!” Mike rushed from the kitchen with a bottle of vodka and in the crook of his arm was a bottle of whisky. Tony jumped down from the stairs yelling. Finally, Kellin was gone. Sure, we love him. But it was hell having him here. Jaime rushed from the basement and threw sprinkles around the living room. We jumped up and down. Shaking our hair and throwing up middle fingers. We had a picture frame with Kellin’s face on it. I grabbed another one of my guitars and bashed the picture frame with it. Mike jumped on the couch and threw the pillows down. Tony and I bumped hips jumped back and umped hips again. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the two dozen cupcakes I had. I grabbed them and set them on the table and grabbed one and aimed it at Mike. With my super-secret ninja moves, he didn’t even see the cupcake coming until it hit him between the eyes. He slowly removed the cupcake and I covered my face with my hands. Instead of feeling the sticky substance, I felt my beanie being removed as five cupcakes were mushed into my hair. I dropped my hands to remove the cupcakes when one was shoved on my nose. Caking my nose ring in icing. Before I could attack him, we heard glass shatter. We all turned around to see Megan in the doorway. Her hand opened as if she was holding something. That something turned out to be a vase, which is shattered on the ground.

“What are you guys doing? Why I there a smashed photo of Kellin on the ground? Why are you and Mike covered in cupcakes? What’s up with the alcohol?” Please don’t blame me. Please don’t blame me.

I thought mentally to myself. I looked up and already saw fingers pointing. Tony was pointing at Jaime who was pointing at Mike who was of course pointing at me.

“Vic? Can I talk to you alone?” the guys took off up the stairs. I gulped.

“S-s-sure?”

Kellin POV

“Dude, how excited are you to be back on tour?” Gabe yelled. I was in the back choosing a bed. I settled on the top bunk which I was going to share with Jack.

“Stoked dude!” I yelled back. I miss Megan like shit, but maybe this tour is a reality check that I need. Part of my brain itched to call Megan and tell her how much I’ll miss her and how much I love her. But that’s too clingy. That same part of my brain ached for her kisses. To see the five month bump. The other part yelled, Warped Tour time nigga! Get stoked!

I laughed at my mental self. Jesse came in view.

“Let’s go. We’re meeting up with Oli.” I got up and grabbed my notebook that I scribble song ideas on. This is gonna be one fun summer.

Jaime POV

Mike and Tony we’re snickering in the background.

“Shush! So I can hear them!” I hissed, placing my ear back against the door.

“Look at this mess Vic! Clean it up! Put up the alcohol! Stop being pigs! Gosh, none of this would be happening if Kellin hadn’t gotten me pregnant! Vic, pick up the broken guitar and picture frame first!!!” we all snickered, holding back our laughs. Then we heard sobbing.

“How am I supposed to deal with a baby for the whole summer? By the time he comes back, I’ll be seven months and ready to kill him.” There was the soothing voice of Vic trying to calm her down. “I hate being pregnant.”

“Well, don’t think of the worst parts. Think about the good parts. Like naming it. Holding it. Walking down the street. Hey, who knows what Kellin has up his sleeves.” Mike sighed.

“What’s wrong bro?” I asked.

“Nothing against Kellin, but Vic should be the father. Hell. Vic and Megan should still be together.”

“But Vic said it was too weird.” I shrugged.

“No, that’s the cover up. There’s a real reason Vic broke up with Megan.” We all looked at him. “They we’re dating in secret up until a year ago.” We all gasped.

“Around the same time she met Kellin.”

“Yup.” Mike said.

“Well, why did they break up?”

“Ok, it all started two years ago……..”