The Memories Roll Back

Vic POV

“Mama I- yes but-no we-nooo that’s not my-I know that-yes it wasn’t my fault-no don’t put papa on-ma, I gotta I- gotta-bye love you.” I hang up before my mom could say anything else. She’s mad that I haven’t been popping around to check on her anymore and while I was arguing with her, Megan was in the bathroom for like the past hour. It was as soon as I got off the phone she screamed.

“YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME, UGH!” she yelled from the close door of the bathroom.

And that is how I ended up, walking down target to buy tampons.

Ok Vic. You get in there. Buy the thing and get the fuck out before anyone sees or notices you.

Sounds good to me.

I put on m aviator sunglasses, my beanie, a jacket, and I sprint the hell away from the car into target. Taking a deep breath and crucifying myself I make a casual walk to the feminine section. I take the long way. Walking behind the clothes, past the outdoor section, around the pets department and I come to the woman place. I grab the package she told me to get and I take the long way back to the register. I give it to the lady to scan. She smiles and rings it up. But it doesn’t show. She rings it up again. Nothing. Then she gets on the intercom.

“Price check on tampons. Checkout three.” God. Not today. A cute lady comes in. I realize her as savannah.

“Heyyyyyy.” I drag out the “y”. She smiles and gives me an awkward smile.

“Hey Vic.” She types in some random shit and the tampons show up. She smiles and walks away. Right about now, I feel like I’m going to shove that tampon up Megan’s ass personally.” I grab the bag, but the store checkout lady notices me.

“Your Vic from Pierce the Veil.” She yells, which happened to be the intercom. Let’s skip past the part where I signed countless autographs. I slam the door and run to Megan’s bedroom to find her and Kellin making out. Eh? What did I expect? I lay the tampons by her door and go sit by the pool. For the first time, I seen Megan and Kellin together and I didn’t feel one pang of jealously. I strip down to my boxers and jump into the pool. As I was sinking, I realize, the feelings weren’t going away. They were waiting for the moment I would finally give up. Just like now. I didn’t feel like resurfacing. I just want to sink to the bottom and never come back up.

And that’s what I did.

Mike POV

“Slap him again.” Kellin hit him again, but he didn’t wake.

“Move.” Megan shoves us out the way. She does mouth to mouth, at this Kellin flinches, and she whips her hand back and slaps Vic hard across the face. The red mark already forming. Even I flinched back at this. After a few minutes, Vic coughs up water into Megan’s face and she slaps him again and walks back in the house. This time, I was the one to slap Vic across the face.