It All Comes Down To This

Jaime POV

“Ok, it all started two years ago…..” we all heard a scream. We all ran down stair and saw Megan sitting on Vic’s stomach. The collar of his shirt were balled into her fists and he looked like he was about to pass out. His shirt was wet.

“Megan did you just pee on me?” she shook his head again.

“NO VICTOR!  MY WATER BROKE. I’M IN LABOR” She screeched. All of our eyes widen and she shook Vic again. I grabbed my phone as Mike hauled Megan off of Vic. Vic scrambled to get up.

“Hello?” Kellin’s intoxicated voice slurred.

“Megan’s in labor.” There was a silence.

“Hey man, it’s Oli. We’re only an hour away. We’re on our way.” I sighed, but gave him the ok. Vic was holding Megan’s hand, whose fists were clenching and unclenching. She gave out a cry of pain and we took Vic’s truck to the hospital. We arrived there, the doctor confirmed she’s in labor and is two centimeters dilated. She was crying out in pain and was begging for Kellin to come. We all dropped our attention to the floor. She doesn’t know Kellin is wasted and is about to come in a hospital. Vic still sat there, holding her hand. Using his thumb to rub circles on her hand. It was the only thing keeping her from mentally killing herself from the pain.

“Turtle, Hime?” Tony and I snapped our heads to her attention. Her hands we’re shaking and her feet kept twitching. “Mike and Vic?” they all looked at her. “Thank you guys for being there for me. Especially you Vic.” He chuckled.

“You say it like you’re dying.” She shrugged and her life line went flat.

“Clear!” the thump of Megan’s body falling back to the bed.

“Someone get the baby out!” the doctor yelled.

“We have to do a C-section right here, right now!” a nurse yelled.

“I don’t care, get the baby out!” the doctor yelled back. The nurse grabbed the little knife and did a slice down Megan’s stomach. Vic’s own stomach turned over at the scene. Kellin sat there, tears running down his face as he watched. Tony, Jaime, and Mike all sat there. Speechless at the thought of losing their friend. The cry of the baby all brought their attention back to reality. They cut the cord, cleaned, and wrapped it up. They handed the baby to Kellin.

“It’s a girl.” The nurse said. The doctor was vigorously trying to get a pulse from Megan. After an 750 electric shock. He turned to the guys.

“She’s gone.”

Beep. Beep. Beep. The monitor all of a sudden ranked. Every head in that room looked at the slowly rise and fall of Megan’s chest. Everyone in that room shed tears that night everyone in that room had one more reason to stay strong. That night everyone lost someone and gained a little something greater.

Megan POV

“So that’s what happened? There’s a good chance that might not even be my baby?” Kellin said.

“No, man. That is your child. I’m positive. It’s just that I didn’t want you to find out like this. I hoped to keep our past, you know in the past.” Vic sighed. I wanted to do the same action, but I had to keep listening.

“Victor. Be honest. Do you still love her?”

“I mean yeah. We all do. She’s our best friend. A sister.”

“No, Vic. I mean do you love her?” it was quiet for a moment. The exact moment, turtle decided to tell them I’m awake.

“Megan!” he hugged me. Then he punched me in the arm. “Don’t ever die out on us.” He was in tears. “We thought we lost you. You’re too strong and don’t you ever, ever leave us.” I nodded and he gave me a hug.

“Where is she?” I asked. I was antsy to see my daughter. Kellin got up and brought her over to me. She looked so beautiful. Resting in Kellin’s arm was a baby girl with beautiful brown hair, so dark almost black. When her eyes opened, I stared into them. With a mixture of blue and grey eyes. The guys left the room, giving us space. Kellin carefully handed her too me and my weak arms snatched her up. Pressing her against my chest. No doubt in my mind that this is Kellin’s child. They have the same lazy look burned on their faces.

“She has your hair.” I said while staring into her eyes.

“She has your smile.” He said while putting a hand on my leg.

“And she has the same dumbfound look on her face like you.” I looked at him. He was giving me the same look now. The door opened and the nurse rolled in.

“How’s my little soldier.” She smiled at me. “So. What is the baby’s name?” the color drained from Kellin’s face. good thing I had one in mind.

“Audriana Fuentes Quinn-Bostwick.” She wrote it down and looked at Kellin he nodded. Lost for words.

“Ok. And Quinn-Bostwick being her last name?” I nodded. She got the baby’s footprints and congratulated us and left.

“What a perfect name.” he said. I shook her tiny hand, which was wrapped around my finger.

“Hey, little Audry. Little Quinn.” Kellin spoke up.

“You scared me you know?” he rubbed my leg. “I thought I was gonna lose you. Hearing the doctor and the nurse trying to bring you back to life. Hearing the doctor declaring your dead. And five minutes after grieving, your lifeline starts to beep. Seeing the rise and fall of your chest. This made me realize how much I love you and how much I can’t stand to not be with you. So I say,” he got down on one knee and pulled a ring from out his pocket. I put a hand over my mouth, not wanting to drop the baby. “Megan Elizabeth Lake, I love you with all my heart. Even though a year is too young to say it. But we’ve been through hell and back. And so I want to know, will you marry me?” did I want to marry Kellin?

Hella to the yes!

“I-I, yes!” I squealed. He slid the ring on my finger. Engraved on it was PTV, SWS, BV, BMTH, ATL. All my favorite bands. And in the middle of it all was the name Quinn-Bostwick. The new name of mines. I smiled, with tears coming out of my eyes. He pressed his lip to mine. He wrapped me in a hug. “I love you.” We said at the same time.

This was perfect.

Me, my child, and my fiancé.

Absolutely perfect.

The nurse came back in to put Audriana in a nursery tank because she’s two months premature. Kellin went to close the door and lock it behind her.

“Well at least you didn’t have to push a baby through your vay-jay-jay.” He shrugged.

“What does that have to do with anything?” I giggled. He came over and straddled himself in my lap.

“It has to do with this.” He pressed his lips to mine and my heart monitor went out of control.

Vic POV

“Man, we’re taking care of a child. Who is changing the diaper first when Megan sleeps.”

“Not it!” Mike, Hime, and I said.

“Aw, come on!” tony yelled. We tried Megan’s room door, but it was lock. We could hear the monitor beep out of control. Just then Oliver came walking down the hallway. He was munching on a bag of chips. About 15 minutes of waiting, Kellin opened the door. we walked in and Megan was pulling up her pants. We already knew what happpend. Oli was tapping his foot.

“Kellin, we gotta go.” He said after checking his phone. “Management wants us there in three hours.

“Ok, geesh.” Kellin snapped.

“Don’t have to be an arse.” He mumbled and left. Kellin hugged Megan.

“I love you. I’ll call, text, face time whenever possible.” He kissed her on the nose and left. She turned to us as she grabbed her bag.

“Guess what?” she squealed. We all looked at the ring plastered on her finger. “We’re engaged!” and that was when I puked on the floor.