~ Chapter 18

Opening your eyes to see nothing as you laid in an abandoned field, the long grass swayed in the direction of the wind, the sound of the birds tweeting in a tune and the hot sun beating upon your skin as it started to set. Your head hurt as you sat up and in the distance you saw a farm house with a white picket fence but all you wanted was to get out of there.

To get up was the worst, you felt resentment and pain built up inside, 'This is either a trick to build up anger about the Winchester's or it's true' you thought to yourself but you never wanted to believe it's true.

You walked along flattened grass, a path way towards the road and you noticed your clothes were torn and your face was still cut. You saw your car was parked there; you walked faster to it with hope that you would get out of there and begin the work that was assigned to you.

Everything seemed fine until you attempted to start the car, it wouldn't start as you banged on the steering wheel surrendered and pain knowing Sam is hurt and Cas might be dead for all you know and even though you tried not to believe Metatron about them killing your father it still seemed true deep down but they are like family to you and you trust family. You still kept your head down on the wheel. 

A tap at the window startled you and you glanced up to see a man with glasses and neatly cut hair. "Excuse me miss, do you need some help?" he asked politely. You pushed the button to open your window to get a better look, you wiped the left over tears from your eyes in a rush and hoping the man was not some psycho serial killer but you got out the car anyway.

"Drake Smith." he greeted, the name was listed in your head and he might be a vessel since you were unable to see his angel form. "Jamie Owens." you said while shaking his hand.

Metatron might have sent you here for a reason to kill him but he seemed innocent and a gentleman but it was the only way to make sure everyone you cared about was safe. Drake walked over to the front of the car as he opened it smoke exited, you knew a little about cars but not a lot. "Why don't you come back to my place and I can fix it up for you?" he queried.

"Ah... Yeah that would be great. Thank you." You said appreciated. This was a great opportunity to find out what he's up to but you were unable to do it but you shook it off. You got a lift from him while he towed your car back to his place.

He led you inside and a woman stood in the kitchen cooking when two children ran up to Drake and hugged him. "You home daddy." they said and she dropped everything and approached you. "Honey, this is Jamie. Her car broke down." he explained, a smile appeared as she shook your hand and he left the room. "Karen." she greeted and she went back to preparing food.

"Make yourself at home. You must be starving." you were kinda hungry from all the time up in heaven but you seemed to not remember anything or how it looked, just the fact you were there and given a job to do. In this case you just couldn't do it, Drake was a good man and you couldn't watch his family go through it - you snapped back to reality.

"Yes, thank you." You said. Drake came back in with your luggage out of your car; thank goodness he didn't check your duffel back or dig in the trunk of your car because there would have to be a whole lot of explaining to do.

"I'll show you where you can rest for the night." Drake said as he picked up your luggage."Thank you." you said appreciated. You followed Drake into the next room when he placed your luggage down. "I hope you don't mind sleeping on the sofa." he said.

You gazed around the room to see how happy they were and all the photo's of them, you smiled hoping one day you could have that too and settle down for a while. A photo caught your eye - Drake and Karen's wedding photo, you approached it and lifted it slowly from the table. "You have a beautiful family." you mentioned.