~ Chapter 39

The bottle of grace rolled around in the palm of your hand as you stared at it dazed... deep in thought. A sigh left your lips knowing you had messed up once again and you couldn't get out of it... well it wouldn't be that simple to get out of it anyway. You placed the vile back into your holster upon the desk beside you.

You brought your knee to your chest and rested you chin upon it. There had to be a way to save your brother even by sending him some place. All you needed to do was find his location and get to him first.

It still hurt thinking about it. He always had a plan on how to fix things and come up with a solution, but it was up to you to solve it alone.

The boys still knew nothing about what was going on but it wouldn't be long till they found out. They weren't stupid when it came to things like that. Why is it so easy to lie? Sometimes we think we're doing it to protect the people we care about but mainly it's to cover your own ass.

You continued to stare across the room not wanting to move just sit there as long as possible. Dean got up a few seconds ago to go and shower you suddenly realised.

You changed your mind and all you wanted to do was be in his arms at that given time. You got off the chair slowly to make your way to the bathroom where he was.

The door wasn't locked and you slid quietly into the bathroom to hear the sound of the rushing water. He stood under the shower head as he gradually dragged his hand through his hair a few times and over his eyes as the water poured down onto him tracing each bit of muscle.

You were worried about him, ever since he got the mark he's been different and all you wanted was for him to talk to you. He kept things bottled up for too long and it made you concerned. He needed to know someone was there for him.

You made a decision as you slowly took your clothes off and stepped over towards him. There was something bothering him and it was written all over his face. Sometimes he had worse problems to deal with. Once you were close enough, you pressed your body to his wet skin and wrapped your arms around his waist from behind.

His shoulder tensed but soon relaxed with your presence as you rested your head upon his back not wanting to move. "Dean, talk to me. Please." You pleaded. The tears slid from your eyes not realising how worried you were about him. He took a deep breath in at your words not sure on where to start.

He was hesitant to turn around, but he managed to in a paced motion. He kept his head down and gently you placed the palm of your hand upon his face to comfort him. After a few seconds he lifted his head to meet your troubled gaze. If he wasn't ready to talk you were okay with it, but there was something else you needed answers to.

He placed his hands upon yours while you continued to cup his face and instantly your hand dropped to his shoulder as well as your head thinking about the question you planned to ask him. "What's wrong?" He queried. You lifted your head steadily to meet his eyes once again while carefully he scanned your eyes to find the answer. "What are we?" You asked in a soft tone.

His eyes widened slightly at your question and once again his view went back to the floor in deep thought. "I – I don't know." He whispered. You nodded unexpectedly without realising it as you tried so hard to understand. It hurt in another sense and gently you dropped your hand to your sides.

"So I'm just your pleasure when you need it? Right." He sighed at your response and his expression changed when he saw your distancing yourself from him. You slowly took a step back out from under the shower towards the door and you grabbed the nearest towel you could find.

"Jamie, where you going?" He asked. You wrapped the towel around your body quickly, took your clothes from the floor and made your way to the door. "Jamie." Dean called. With a sigh you spun around. "I need to check my emails." You spoke before leaving.