~ Chapter 43

Ever just lay there? Staring at the ceiling in deep thought and zoning out the world around you? Time just seems to slow down around you and the only company you had was the faint ringing of your ears with the loud thoughts overcrowding your judgement.

It had been two days which felt like weeks by how time went by. You were still kept, locked up in a room with nothing but a bed. Cas said that it was for the best and that's all he would say. Nothing more about what was wrong with your soul since each time he checked he had that look in his eyes.

A look that couldn't quite be described but he instantly fell silent as he pulled his hand from your stomach. The pain wasn't so unbearable anymore but the emotional pain remained. It wasn't as easy as you thought it would be... forgetting about it all and trying to move on from the terrible mistakes you had made.

You had not seen the boys since Dean tempted to torture you. The mark was doing something else to him, there was something in his eyes and that little bit of spark you was saw was no longer there. A tear slipped from your eyes at the thought of it. It was just something you had to face unless there was a way to fix things. 

Knowing Dean, he wasn't the type of person to forgive easily but there had to be a way to get through to him. Castiel had just been in there checking how you were doing after the last session when you blacked out. He soon left after making small talk once he heard that the boys had arrived. 

A bit of hope flickered in your eyes at the sound of their names and he generously cut the ropes that bounded you to the bed.You heard one of the angels talking about how an angel named Josiah was missing. There was also a suicide bomber who nobody knows who it might be. You tried to hear more about what was happening with the bombing but it was silent.

It was just you, isolated in an empty room and the smell of the damp walls seemed to keep your mind off the pits of things. The springs from the bed poked every part of your back and you commenced in what felt like a spastic dance as you tried to get comfortable.

Each move you made ended up in a new discovery of a spring. After a few seconds of struggling to get comfortable you decided to embrace the fact that relaxing at that point was not in the cards. A puff left your lips in frustration and you crossed your arms over your chest.

It was so unexpected when the sound of the rusty door sliding open alerted you straight away. The sound of their heavy boots against the floor gave it away and it definitely wasn't Castiel which meant it was either an angel but you couldn't tell anymore since the grace was doing something ever since Castiel started examining your soul.

You rose from your position to be met by a person you never expected to see especially in the same room as you. Words were threatening to elude your lips but you found yourself with your mouth open. There was nothing to say but wonder if it was all a dream. Dean paced his steps closer as you positioned your body towards him.

A smile shaped your lips at how pleased you were to see him but you knew the feelings were not mutual. "I wasn't expecting you to come." You said surprised. There had to be a reason for him coming unless he planned on finishing off what he started.

His eyes trailed to the ground, unable to look you directly in the eye with the faint obstruction of despair in his own eyes. He was afraid you would see what he truly felt. "Yeah well, Cas wanted me to check up on you. " He spoke troubled. "He's willing to let you leave." It sounded as if he didn't agree with Castiel.

Without saying another word he turned towards the door about to make his exit. "Dean, I don't know what's happening to me. Cas said that there's something wrong with my soul but I don't understand." You said as he stopped in his tracks. "Talk to me, please." It came out more like a plea for help.