~ Chapter 32

I finally finished trying to edit as much as I can. To my luck there is probably some mistakes here and there. I do apologise. We're all human... I hope. Sometimes I don't know what I am at times. (-;

Have you ever been on an awkward family trip? Right now, you felt as if you were on one. Silence plagued the journey as you and the boys travelled to your next case in Springdale, Washington.

A photo was leaked from the crime scene where a girl was murdered in her bedroom; all the windows and doors were locked. The picture Dean had shown you of the faceless man, gave you the chills.

Well the boys still aren't communicating as much but it was nothing new. One thing you needed was this trip - to make amends of what happened last time, when Sam caught you and Dean in the act and the way things were left between you and Dean. It wasn't easy coming back but you did.

One thing you didn't have was the courage to open the envelope given to you, so you ended up stuffing into the bottom of your duffel bag. Once you had gotten back from your trip the Bunker was quiet and everyone was asleep. You kept to yourself most of the time by trying to find out more about the children.

Still, you and Dean haven't solved your issues. One thing you knew for sure was that you were good at establishing the problem of a case but not of a relationship or whatever this was between the two of you. Dean stuck to playing his classic rock, Sam was engrossed on whatever was on his laptop screen and you were sitting staring out the window in deep thought about the children.

Every few minutes Dean would be glancing back at you through the mirror. You were dressed in a blue cropped, off the shoulder sweater with a pair of denim shorts with your legs comfortably crossed upon the seat. "So, Jamie... Did you manage to find out anything new from that hunter in Ohio?" Dean asked trying to make conversation which snapped you out of your element. Sam immediately glanced up from the laptop interested in your answer.

There was a long pause from you as you tried to find the words, but it just felt useless to elucidate the matter. "No nothing. It was a dead end." you said withdrawn. Dean nodded silently, but glanced back one last time sensing something wrong. You tried changing the subject by breaking the uncomfortable situation. "Hey... Uh, maybe we should stop for gas? Get some snacks for the road." you pointed out once the sign for the gas station came into sight.

Dean looked over at Sam who responded silently by nodding. "Great. Let's get some snacks." Dean said. He sounded eager as if he was in the same awkward position and all he wanted to do was get out the car. The car came to a halt and the engine died. "I will go get the snacks." Sam mentioned while closing the screen of the laptop. He didn't bother waiting for a reply and he got out. This gave you and Dean both the opportunity to talk about everything.

Dean got out a few seconds after and you followed anxiously. While he began filling up the car you decided to start off since it annoyed you at his unresponsive nature. "Can I ask you something?" you inquired while approaching Dean. Both hands shoved in your back pocket edgy about your question. "Yeah. What's up?" he asked concerned.

You took a few steps closer and rest your back against the body of the car with your arms folded as he filled it. There was a moment of silence just to gather your words and at last you found them. "Are we just with each other for the sex and to have fun, because frankly we can have fun with other people too. I want us to be direct with each other. Let me know, I'll give you time to think if you actually care? Or you just want to have fun?" You inquired in a serene tone.

Dean of course was inaudible as he tried processing what you had said. He stopped filling the car as if he was too distracted by your sudden inquiry. Dean stood there a moment in pensive silence as he didn't say a word, but continued staring at the car. Before you gave him a chance to answer you turned around just about ready to walk off when Dean snapped back to reality and firmly grabbed you by the wrist preventing you from walking off.