Chapter 15

Robin

Roland runs on ahead with Killian and David, laughing as they chase each other. I smile at them but my thoughts aren't really on my son or Regina or anyone in my family. My thoughts are on the little girl who's no longer here, the little girl I never got to meet. My daughter.

I fiddle with the piece of paper in my pocket that's been in there for a year now, the letter she wrote to me, not knowing it was me. Tears sting in my eyes as I remember the words she said 'I hope to meet you one day'. The irony is that I never got to meet her and she never got to me.

A scuffling in the bushes pulls me out of my thoughts. I turn to see a girl, the same girl I saw on Sophia's birthday. She stares at me, her blue eyes piercing mine and her ginger hair flowing in the gentle breeze. It looks like her, my daughter, from the only picture I ever saw of her.

I step towards her, smiling at her reassuringly. But she starts running down the pathway to get away from me. I run after her, going completely off the trail of the woods.

"WAIT PLEASE, I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU!" I shout after her

She stops, takes one last look at me and then turns the corner and out of sight.

"Robin what's going on?" A familiar voice says from behind me

I turn around to find Killian stood behind me, looking at me for an explanation

"She was there! My daughter I saw her!" I say

"Robin, mate, I know it's hard but, you have to move on! You can't keep worrying about her, she's gone" he sighs

I nod simply

"Come on, let's head back" he adds

So I follow him back onto the path I know so well, I turn around one last time but there's nothing there, it's just my imagination...

Aww poor Robin :(! Comment your thoughts/opinions on this chapter and thanks for reading!