Chapter 69

Snow

I stand outside Regina's room, looking out of the window while I wait until I'm invited to go back in. This is all my fault. Maybe if I tried harder, the baby would have survived and Robin wouldn't have to break her heart and I wouldn't have to wait and hear her unbearable cries of sadness.

That's when I hear it, that wail of pain. The wail you let out when you lose a child. Tears sting in my eyes and fall down my face, as they continue, my heart breaking for my stepmother. I know what the pain is like when I lost Emma, it's the worst pain imaginable.

Goodness knows what Regina must be feeling. She's not good with pain. She used to be when she was the evil queen and kept her walls up. But now she's changed, she's a lot more sensitive.

"Grandma? What's going on? Is everything okay?" I hear Henry ask from behind me

Quickly, I wipe away my tears and face him, giving him a weak smile.

"Everything's fine Henry" I lie

"No something's wrong, what is it?" he frowns

"Oh, Henry, I don't how to tell you" I whisper

"Tell me what- what's going on?" he panics

"Regina's lost one of the baby's" I mumble

I watch him as he puts his hand over his mouth and bursts into tears. I crawl towards him and he falls into my arms, sobbing endlessly.

"My mom- my poor mom- she was so happy before all this!" he whispers

"I know Henry, I know" I sigh

"It's so unfair!" he whimpers as he shakes in my arms

Poor Henry this time :(! Comment your thoughts/opinions on this chapter and thanks for reading!