18. Sleeping With You (Rap Monster)

Rap Monster opened the front door to discover you had been out during a hailstorm and your car broke down. It would be until the next day that weather would begin to calm out.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here." You said in relief.

Namjoon smiled and took the coat off your shoulders.

"Don't mention it, just doing you a favor."

Your hair frizzed madly under your beanie and fingers were red and achy of the cold. You drew out a breath and extended to the small fireplace that centered the small living room painted with a baby blue color. Namjoon came back and sat beside you with cups of steaming liquid. You smiled kindly and took a cup.

Namjoon pushed his glasses back up.

"You know I live by myself..right?" said Namjoon.

You took a small sip of the cup and set it down on the small table.

"I see, does it make you feel better if I slept in the living room?" You asked.

"I don't mind..the bed is big enough in case if you..uh, you know,"

"You can always say no, Namjoon. I packed spare pajamas..you'll be fine."

"Well, we are friends..right?"

Your stomach spiraled downwards.

"Of course! Who said we weren't?" You replied.

Namjoon stood up for a moment and walked toward the restroom.

"I'll be back, Y/N," Namjoon said.

You took your pajamas and went into the room. You slipped your shirt off your shoulders and let it hit the floor. The cold room nibbling against your warm skin sent a shiver down your spine. You looked at the wooden floor and thought back on how Namjoon just friend-zoned you. You didn't develop any intimate feelings but you felt a pang at your chest knowing that he only cared for you as a friend.

A small portion of you wished your friend shared more intimate moments with you. Balancing between friendship and these upcoming feelings grew more difficult with the time passing. In attempts to distract your mind from the sentiments you crammed your daily schedule day in and out so you could find any possible excuse of not seeing him. But the hailstorm bought down the worst case scenario and Namjoon was the only person who lived closest to where your car broke down.

You sat on the edge of the bed in just a white tank top and pinky pajama pants painted with fluffy sheep on them. You combed your fingers through your hair and sat patiently for Namjoon in which he came out in only basketball shorts showing the top of his Calvin Klein boxers. Your cheeks flushed and your hand wadded up the bed sheet into a ball. The shadow of the room reflected beautifully the dark colors of Namjoon's eyes and you found that your eyes lingered on his lips. But they trailed down his toned abdomen. You bit down your tongue in sheer desire and you covered yourself with the thick blanket that draped over the bed. Namjoon rolled onto the bed and flexed his arms under his head taking a slow and moderate breath. You sat with your back facing Namjoon to keep your eyes from being glued to his body.

"Hey, Y/N.." Namjoon whispered.

You turned over to look at Namjoon who was clenching his jaw. Your head tilted slightly in curiosity.

"Yeah?" You replied.

"Have you ever had a fear of the dark?"

"Namjoon, I have gotten over the fear since I was nine years old. I guess you can say..maybe?"

"I see, I'm just curious,"

Namjoon's thumb brushed away a large strand of hair away and the lamp lit your face revealing the natural rose of your cheeks. You had a slight smile drawn on your face. But you got startled when a sudden lightning rod roared fiercely in the night sky. Namjoon scooted in and held you against his bare chest. His skin smelled of fresh soap and exported cologne. You slowed your breathing down to the sound of Namjoon's heartbeat and closed your eyes. You didn't realize how reassuring his touch was until that very moment. Your nerves flared with electricity and your skin burned against the contact of Namjoon. You really wanted to stay in this position and wished the clock had just froze in place. You looked up and felt Namjoon's lips were pressed against your forehead. You felt his lips curl into a smile when he saw your eyes looking up at him. He pretended to be asleep with you in his arms.

"Friends don't normally do these type of things." said Namjoon.

You caught your breath and slightly parted your lips.

"So..does that mean.." You said silently.

Namjoon tilted your head up just a bit and his lips brushed softly against yours.

"That means you're mine now, Y/N, sweet dreams." said Namjoon.

You couldn't say another word before you heard Namjoon snoring like a bear. You rolled your eyes and kissed the nape of his neck. He let out a groan and pulled you closer. You gently pressed your head against Namjoon's chest and fell into a state of tranquility to the sound of his heartbeats.

Boy it felt good for you to be out of the friend-zone.

~END OF STORY