23. Trapped (Rap Monster)

Everything flew by within a blink of an eye. Having no time or ability to react, whatever was around the perimeter was soon to be obliterated. The screams of chaos and sheer panic pierce through the crumbling walls and Crimson puddles paint the rubble and shattered glass. Moans, shrieks, and cries for help are heard in all angles. The ones who were in the bottom of the building knew they met their fate at the moment of collapsing. The remain were labeled as "lucky" for being able to look death straight in the eyes.

~~~~~~

Dust and rubble sat in a mountainous pile sticking out remains of the enormous structure once used to be a cooperation of some sort that is now piled to ruin and bankrupt.

Somewhere in a small pile of heavy material a hand jerked and winced for a grip, still clawing through after the middle knuckle was slit deep and having a split nail. A muffled scream was heard and soon rubble flew up into the sky fogging the afternoon sun. Namjoon dragged his corpse around and squinted his eyes shut for it pained to take a single breath. He supported his body against a rusted bar and scanned around for anyone who can come and help. Dust fogged his field of vision only to see the silhouettes of limped civilians ducking from incoming rock slides.

"I need to find shelter until help arrives," said Namjoon.

The image of you flashes through his mind. You stand innocently, smiling, reaching for Namjoon.

"Well, are you just going to sit there or what? You promised you would take me to the fair!" You shouted.

Down below an elder man is half under the rubble. A giant block of cement hangs on top of the pile slowly rocking forward. Wheezing out breaths and trembling hands a young girl from the crowd sprints and kneels facing the elder asking if he is alright. She clutches onto the elder's hand and pulls forward exerting as much force as her tiny body could capacitate. Namjoon watches the enormous boulder slide briefly against the rubble. He winced and walked to the edge of a remaining stairway. He watched the young girl pull repeatedly hauling off rocks and throwing dirt off the elder. The Boulder rolled forward and hurdled down making small leaps down. Namjoon's eyes widened.

"Get out of the way!!" shouted Namjoon.

"Leave him be! Run for cover!!"

The young girl became distracted from Namjoon's shouting.

"What???" shouted back the young girl.

Crunching of human bones pierced the cry of the pained elder. The sound turned to muffles and died out in what seemed like a long and agonizing amount of time. The young girl's eyes widened in terror seeing blood pool where the old man once lived. She showed no signs of fear, grief, or agony. Namjoon clenched his teeth together and tightened his fists to control the tremble spreading throughout his whole body. He knew you were somewhere in the rubble and witnessing this death made him fear of losing you. He leaped down and sucked in his breath to overcome the pain surging. He kneeled over and craned his head to see the young girl standing still. He couldn't help but give her a few seconds of grief but he had no time to pity a death knowing that your life could also be on the line.

                             ~~~~~
YOUR P.O.V.

Darkness is what I see. Nothing but a black void wherever my head turns to look at. I could remember hearing screams of help but I wasn't sure if they were mine or someone else's. My head can't stop throbbing it feels like mini jack hammers are splitting my skull open. I glance at myself to be reminded of a nasty cut I have on my shoulder. The bleeding had just lessened and it looked like another movement could trigger another spill. I already feel dizzy from losing so much of it.