22. Five More Minutes..(Taehyung)

Wrapped in the soft blanket of your bed all snug and comfortable. The longing of remaining in the state of slumber itched at you entirely. It was your only source of getaway from the gray everyday life you always lived.

Eat. Work. Sleep. Repeat.

With occasional migraines that deprive you of sleep. You were known to be cranky and quite temperamental. Except, Taehyung knew the other side of you and showed compassion when you became unbearable. He was always there for you in any moment; Through the thickest and thinnest of life crisis he opened to you and expressed such kindness it eventually led you to develop feelings for this man.

But this day in particular, you were hanging on the edge. Wanting to give up on life completely and just live in pure solitude or sit there in the edge of the bathtub contemplating on how worse your life can get. Your mind was basically a hollow shell filled with a bunch of yolks and you had no patience or time to be stressing over anything.

You wandered up to your room and slipped under the sheets shivering for a moment. You gazed off at the flickering lamp near your bed post. You could only mutter a few words of hope and wish everything turned out better.

~~~

You stirred around and felt a cushion underneath your body. You looked up and groaned at the sun's glares wiping your eyes away from the sudden light. Endless rows of tall grass, dragon lilies, and Sakura trees are around your perimeter. You look around and your mouth opens in awe.

A young man hides behind a old Sakura tree observing you with curiosity. A smile played across his lips meanwhile you dashed around in the grass chasing butterflies, making small flower crowns, and having no care for the moment.

You can't just live in a fantasy realm for the rest of your life!!!

Delirious should be your middle name is you're asking me.

Dear god, when are you going to get your head out of the clouds??

You lived this moment of euphoria to only be reminded of how much of a failure you thought you were. Haunting like the ghost of a past love it weights your chest down. Your breaths become rigid with the sudden pain delivered to your chest. You swayed back and forth holding balance clutching onto your chest trying to fight for every breath. Your knees gave under your weight and you fell forward exerting all weight to your knees. Not even coming into contact with the darkened ground you sense a warm light around your body. The lilies take shape of their original and beautiful form and the grass goes back to the vibrant green. You regain bits of your blurred vision and hold your head gently from the aftershock of facing near death.

"Y/N...I almost thought I would lose you here for a moment," said Taehyung.

You slowly looked up, eyes widened and cheeks burning. He looks back at you with a gentile look and a caring smile. His face glows under the light of sun, hair perfectly ruffled from the mild wind blows. His strong arms pulled you up and swept along your waist line. Taehyung's cheeks reddened as he realized how close he was holding you. Goosebumps spread all over your spine and all over your body. You remembered the only time you ever got "close" to Taehyung was in a physical injury back at a volleyball tournament occurring in gym class around your high school years. Adrenaline fueled his body to lift you up like nothing and bolt to the infirmary built in the school. You remembered the rapid pulses and how warm his muscles felt against you. You bit the inside of your cheek and gave a thankful nod.