19. Letting Go (Jungkook)

OYour fingernails were bit down to the tip of bleeding. Your anxiety had no stop. Your head couldn't keep still from the thoughts that rolled out.

You couldn't hold on to the feelings you had any longer. You knew it was time to move away and start fresh. But you kept going back into the same cycle. Your weakness lured you into a false sense of hope only to be dropped back into that pit of despair. And this never ending tragedy still rages on. Jungkook would be home at any minute from practice! You had your luggage all sorted out and belongings were packed away. The only item standing was a photo of you both from the fair of last summer. It pained to see the memories go away so quickly. Your throat tightened and your feet took quickened steps out of the comforts of the bedroom as you awaited for the Taxi to arrive.

A loud slam of a door opening interrupted your thoughts. Jungkook had arrived home earlier than he normally would. His eyes averted to you for a brief moment.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

His eyes loomed over the luggage that stood by your side. He rubbed the back of his neck and let out a small sigh.

"I can't take this anymore.." You whimpered.

"You, and this love kills me on the inside..You're like the poison that kills me. But I can never stay away."

Your eyes moved downward as you darted towards the door. But Jungkook's lean and muscular arm caught you and you were in front of him. His hair dark and soaked with sweat, his breath touched the bottom of your cheek smelling of mints and chocolate. Your body tensed and you went backwards. Jungkook coiled his arm around your waist and he pressed you up on the wall.

"Y/N.." Jungkook whispered.

"Y/N, I promised you to be by your side until death do us part. Stay with me...I need you."

Your eyes met to another object of the house to find simple distractions to throw off your train of emotions. Jungkook's fingertips tapped your chin and forced you to look directly at him. His touch burned against your soft and delicate skin. He wasn't going to give up without a fight.

"Please, stop.." You muttered.

"It's best for us both. Jungkook, please listen!"

With each touch a flutter shot through your body. He looked at you with an intensity that made your blood run cold. Your body screamed with the thought to just melt and forget about leaving.

A small part of you wanted to stay.

His lips grazed your cheeks barely touching your skin at all. He traveled to where your lips were at and stopped. His breath hovered over your lips. You leaned back and hesitated for a second. He moved forward and kissed you softly. His lips met yours over and over again, losing his breath with each kiss more fierce than the last. You stiffened under the sensation of his tongue exploring around your lips. He muttered under complete silence and his hands slipped under your shirt. You shivered and shifted to let his hands glide smoother over you. Your fingers were entangled in his soft hair. But you shrugged free from Jungkook's hold. You felt an immense flame Kindle under the intimate kiss. But it wasn't enough to make you stay. Instead you approached Jungkook and pressed your lips softly against his and waved at the Taxi outside.

Jungkook stood motionless as he watched you enter into the vehicle and turn into a speck of dust along the road away from his home. Jungkook knew how much you meant to him now that you had vanished. He never cared to pay much attention to you while you went the extra mile to bring him joy and made his nights loving. Jungkook didn't realize what he missed until it was too late.

Jungkook wanted to turn back the clock to erase the damage done to your poor heart.

Regrets pulls him down like a dead weight.

~END OF STORY