25. Mirrors (Jin)

The hot water rolled off his skin. Steam fogging up the mirror that adorned the small bathroom where Jin lived. He stood and let the water fall. Knuckles white and teeth clenched he couldn't rid the thought of you out of his mind. He twisted the faucet off and wrapped his waist in a warm towel. Water dripping from his soaked hair fall onto the floor and his eyes meet the steamed mirror. Exhaustion and dreariness has taken its toll on Seokjin. He breathes heavily and arched his head down to the sink. His stomach heaved and whirled giving him an unbearable nausea. His face grew pale and his skin cold and clammy.

"Let's go Jin!" You yelled in excitement.

He hesitated and plopped down on the sofa. You puckered your bottom lip out and pouted. You wanted to drive down to the animal shelter and adopt a brand new puppy. Jin rolled lazily on the couch and groaned. You pulled his arm to get him to stand up but was pulled into his arms. You laughed and kissed him on the cheek. His fingers went through your hair giving you gentle and sweet kisses. He looked at you sincerely and gently traced a heart above the ridge of your back.

"We can go later, ok?" Jin replied.

You gave him one last kiss and jumped up.

"You better keep your promise! 자기!"

Seokjin lifted his head up and smeared some fog away from the mirror. His reflection bare and crystal clear he leaned closer and stared into his reflection. He was once a joyful and happy man. With a beautiful girl by his side. He passed many days and nights rejoicing the love they had for each other. Within the first day he knew only Destiny had bought you into his life. To only be taken away from him once more. Stress wore out his skin drawing out faint creases and dark bags under his eyes. His mouth dropped and arched more. He wasn't full of glow or any sort of joy. His face dimmed in sadness and all sorts of regret. He brushes his hair back and chokes back tears.

What's wrong, oppa? You seem upset.

Jin looked up at the mirror with nearly bloodshot eyes and saw your reflection standing at the other side of the mirror. You stood with a smile masked on your face as you let out a bubbly giggle. Jin hurled a bottle of cologne that shattered along with the mirror itself. The pieces shined on the floor shaped into thick jagged shapes. Crimson dripped onto the white rug of the bathroom. Jin fell to his knees and watch his blood silently trail onto the floor painting it a dark color.

Help me!!! You screamed.

You hung onto the edge of a cliff Jin stood on the other side crawling slowly to you. His hair clung onto his forehead all drenched in sweat. It was meant to be a getaway into the mountains where You and Seokjin would spend the night observing the stars under a clear sky. You were trailing down a hill and slipped on a steep rock. You now stood between life and death as Jin reached his arm outward he yells your name and tell you to reach with your other hand. You leaned your body weight forward and the rock that held your hand soon crumbled and Jin's fingertips grazed yours before you let out a scream. Jin's eyes widened as he screamed your name over and over again.

"Y/N!!!" Jin shouted.

"Y/N!!"

Jin's shoulders shuddered with each stinging tear. He choked and sniffles on the last memory of you alive. He yelled and cursed at himself for being so foolish by making such a slow choice. If he acted quicker he would have saved you in time and he wouldn't be like this. He wished he never had gone into that trip to the mountains. He wished he had never came up with the idea.

He wished you were still here by his side.

His emotions dug him into a deep pit of hopelessness and despair. He felt no reason to be around. Consumed by the absence of you he looks down at the shards of glass.

"Y/N...I can't wait to see you again. I will finally be at peace. And finally, I will never lose you...ever again." said Jin.

The sharp point of the glass was pointed at him. He closed his eyes and took a gulp of air.

Flashes of moments flew before his eyes. Your hand entwined with his as he spun you in mid air clutching you close to his chest. He kissed our cheek and laughed his worried away. His dearest friend popped into the background: Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi, everyone playfully shoved Seokjin telling him how caring he was and that no one else had that motherly love like he did. You frolicked around in a long white dress hair bouncing against a white glow. Your hand grabbed onto Seokjin his eyes lit up with the same joy that he always had when you once lived. You looked up and over at him. You smiled caringly, he meant the world to you and seeing him again meant that an enteral love will be everlasting.

But Seokjin lied stiffly, his face drained of any blood. The Crimson puddled all over him. Leaving a terrible misery behind. And leaving behind a world just to be happy with the one he truly loves.

You.

~END OF STORY