Chapter 1: Ron A.K.A Weasley Boy

"Hearts are breakable, and I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before."
— Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels

Do you know how it feels like when you are being talked about people? Being gossiped about? Or even just walking in the hallway and being stared at?

Well I do now.

Now that Monday was back, the whole school was buzzing about who the mystery boy was. The mystery boy who kissed the nerd.

Guess who the nerd was?

Me.

I'm not really a nerd. I just act like a nerd. I'm not one those nerds who has braces, goofy eyeglasses and academically smart. I mean, I do get As but I'm all Cs and Bs. That's good enough for me and my parents.

I'm the kind of nerd who always has a book around. Carried or in a bag, you name it, I have it. I'm that kind of nerd. I'm the kid who always has a book stuck on her face. The one who wears fandom shirts. However, I always wear a sweater or a jacket so it isn't getting seen by anyone.

I'm the kid who wants a perfume made out of new or old book pages.

Sure I have eyeglasses, is socially awkward with people, always with a book and apparently doesn't have friends in school to hangout with, but that doesn't make me a stereotype nerd.

I survived all my last high school years being invisible, but now I'm not, all because I got kissed in the biggest known party under the most special mistletoe. I didn't even mean to go there. I just wanted to find a perfect spot to read and it was a requirement to attend the Christmas Party so I attended. To tell you the truth, I'd rather be at home and spend my night reading 'till sunrise.

If I didn't attend the party last Saturday night, I would probably still be invisible for the rest of my senior year.

But no. I just had to go there.

I groaned at myself.

I went to my locker and  before I'd put my back-up books inside and get the rest of my school stuff, I put aside first the novel I was currently reading. Books comfort me. Every time I'm sad, they're there to cheer me up. Did I mention that I love books already? If you haven't noticed and I didn't mention it, well I love books!

While heading to the direction of my class, I was reading. I have mastered the art of walking while reading for a quite while because I do it all the time. The book I was reading distracted me from people staring at me and whispering about me. I just want to live between these pages.

I was about to flip the page when I felt someone pat my arm.

"Are you Mary?" The person who patted my arm asked.

He was talking to me. How odd. He has red hair and freckles all over his face. He must be a Weasley. I thought to myself.

Unable to speak because I was afraid to stutter, I shook my head. 

"My n-name's Gwen though." I corrected him.

"Oh, okay. Good to know. See you around Mary." He ran away quickly before I could even correct him.

And again, how odd.

Something in the back of my mind was itching when I saw him ran, heading to the administrations. Like I have to do something but I forgot what that was.

Then it clicked.

Oh yeah, my sister asked me to get her envelope with references in it. I'll totally get it during second break, which was after lunch and two periods. Lunch time was reading time so I will not disturb lunch time.