Chapter 25: Whisper

"I know you'll never love me but maybe you'll stay for awhile."
— Henry Rollins, Solipsist

We were in my room exchanging stories for a quite while. In some time, we ended up lip syncing 90's songs together. And did some other random stuff.

"You have Whisper?" He asked me when I let him use my phone. He was dumbfounded when he saw the app called Whisper.

"What? It sounds nice that you're not alone doing things." I defended.

"Things like... what?"

He told me that it always stuck in his mind that any app like Whisper or Tinder has prude people. He said that it's sad to think that the world lacks decency and adequate.

What he said to me made me think. He actually broke the stereotypical boys for thinking like that.

"You know... things!" I answered not truthfully. "Okay, to be honest, I was just really having fun. You know Lorelai Gilmore?"

I came across an article about a fan of Gilmore Girls tried Tinder, and instead of replying with her own words, she used quotes from Lorelai Gilmore.

"Ginny made Ron and me watch Gilmore Girls with her all the time. Who doesn't know her?" Luke said wryly.

"Well," I started to say and I told him about the article I came across. He was laughing out loud when I told him I was trying it out too but the boys I talked there, in Whisper, just thought I was weird and crazy.

I saw Luke widened his eyes, like he thought of an idea. "GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!" He ordered.

"It's in your hand." I said, looking at him oddly.

"Oh," he exclaimed halfheartedly and started using it like a madman.

"Luke, what... are you doing?" I demanded.

Still tapping on my phone he said, "just look."

I leaned in to him and saw what he was doing. He posted a Whisper saying, "talk to me I'm bored"

"Someone responded!" Luke mumbled excitedly.

"Search for the quotes first." I told him and he did.

CoolGuy: Hello
FreeElf: I love pudding. I worship it. I have a bowl up on the mantle at home with the Virgin Mary, a glass of wine, and a dollar bill next to it.

"Ooh! That's a good one," I told Luke, grinning.

CoolGuy: That sounds pretty cool
I like water
I drink it and shower in it everyday
My church uses holy water

"Woah! Did he just?! What the!" I was smiling broadly and my eyes totally popped out. This was the first time I got a response that isn't killing off the conversation.

"I know!" Luke said, fascinated.

Luke went back to the site where the quotes are. Scrolling up and down repeatedly, I saw a good one. I patted him repeatedly and pointed what to copy. "Okay, okay, calm your nerves, woman!"

FreeElf: When I have made one zillion dollars from my rocket gum invention you will eat those words! Or rather you will chew those words and a bubble with them.
CoolGuy: Sounds great!
FreeElf: Oh it's heaven! One quick trip downstairs and I have all the treats I want.